PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Apeps rage Opal Wand Effects

Hello guys!

I have some questions regarding the effect of the wand

It says it adds the chaos dmg to any spell, so i think that works with all the gems that say "spell" am i right? well it should work with
since Summon raging spirit says "spell" it should add the dmg to it, but it doesnt, also it does applies the effect of the mana cost, can someone explain to me why it doesnt work? :/
In this instance, "Adds xx-xxx Chaos Damage to Spells" means spells that you cast that deal direct damage, like Freezing Pulse or Incinerate. Summon Raging Spirits, while a spell, counts as a minion, and as such, deals damage independently (its damage is not based off your increases to spell damage, for example).
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
You "spell cast" the minion. (so it is effected by cast speed etc)

However, it is the minion dealing the damage after you summoned it.(and is only effected by "minion" related modifiers)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Summon Raging Spirit is a spell. This spell summons a Raging Spirit minion, and doesn't deal damage to anything.

The Raging Spirit minion is a minion that deals melee attack damage to enemies, which is not spell damage, and even if it was, the minion isn't you and isn't equipped with your wand, so doesn't have it's bonus.
refer to my sig for additional clarity
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Sep 28, 2014, 1:21:45 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Summon Raging Spirit is a spell. This spell summons a Raging Spirit minion, and doesn't deal damage to anything.

The Raging Spirit minion is a minion that deals melee attack damage to enemies, which is not spell damage, and even if it was, the minion isn't you and isn't equipped with your wand, so doesn't have it's bonus.

LOL... déjà vu...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Just a quick note. If that is your wand then the spell echo gem is wasted as spell totem gets no use from it. It won't double cast nor get the increased cast speed so you're better off replacing it with Faster Casting. If they recently changed it then disregard, but I'm almost positive they haven't so you're wasting a gem slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info