@GGG "Balance" Team

"
Rhalph wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Again this is less about balance (there are more powerful items, so it isn't a balance situation as such), but decreasing the ease of access to these items.

Yeah yeah, so now beginners will never get to use these... What a great stupid decision. Do you realize how many players will NEVER be able to pay 2 exalteds? Or maybe you simply don't give a shit because you target your game for nolifes while pretending you are making a game you'd want to play.

Getting to level 8 on Elreon is much harder.
Another quality ZAP! post.
If you run maps, you will have 2ex by the time elreon is level 8
"
kasub wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Yeeaaaahhh... That might have actually been an increase to ease of access then (well at least at 1 ex instead of 1 divine) since divines are way rarer drops than exalted.

I keep seeing this claim, but it isn't actually my experience.

It's actually a confirmed fact by devs. It's pretty old quote which is why it's well known.

RNG looks at your "confirmed fact" and laughs.

I have been playing since closed beta and I have had Divines drop twice as much as Exalts. That is over 2 years with many level 80+ characters.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
unicron wrote:
"
Freekee wrote:
"
unicron wrote:
Divines rarer than Exalted?

You must be forgetting about Vaal Orbing strongboxes and having the World's worst 6L and it's crappy mirrored equivalent fall out. And what about people vendoring failed Tabula Rasa corruptions? Divines are more common than they used to be. The 6L over ilvl 71 selling for multiple exalts that you speak of are white or craftable.

Well and there you have the more valid patch: make changes to the corrupted 6L drop rates from strongboxes.
Tackle the divine production at its root, rather than pricing stuff people are buying with it 6 times higher all of the sudden. Especially since the store where you can spend the Divines is seriously grind-gated.

why? Why would you want to tackle divine orb production and why is divine orb production a bad thing concerning this mod? All they are doing is stopping self found players being able to access this mod while doing absolutely nothing to stop traders looking at the price and laughing at how much of a pathetic joke it is. The only thing remotely ok about this mod is that it would be accessible to self found players.

Qarl you are truly lost imo, I have the upmost respect for you but on this issue you guys have completely lost the plot. Mod should never exist for weapons and if it does exist the only possible good it can do is being available to non traders, which you are now destroying.

We have come to accept this is a game of starvation and now you just wheel in this sideshow all you can eat buffet that completely devastates any reason to go back out into the desert of wraeclast and actually play the game properly. Every day you allow this mod to continue is a nail in the coffin of your game.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:

I have been playing since closed beta and I have had Divines drop twice as much as Exalts. That is over 2 years with many level 80+ characters.

same
"
Qarl wrote:
The price change is not aboutt he balance of the crafted items, but to move thier availability slightly, and to change some of the distortion around Divine production related to six links.

There is a change around the flat physical mod which is around the accessibility of crafted weapons.

Again this is less about balance (there are more powerful items, so it isn't a balance situation as such), but decreasing the ease of access to these items.

Edit: Change increasing to decreasing, where I was saying the oppositeof what I meant.

Thanks for responding Qarl. Not quite the response I was hoping for, but appreciate the openness as always. I think they main problem people are having is the fact that exalts prices are going to be insane now. You mainly addressed that they want to make GG items less available. I totally get that, but you didn't even touch on what is going to happen to economy and chaos value. Maybe we're all overreacting and it'll stable out. The most common suggestion i see here lately is make it tons of chaos instead of 2ex. I really like that change. The only criticisms I see about the change currently are changing it mid league cause it hurts late adopters and the currency type. Those crafting weapons are OP as fuck and trivializes getting a weapon so I think it needs to change. Here's hoping it gets changed to chaos or something by monday(if they end up changing it) not later so currency prices don't go crazy for a couple weeks then back to normal.
IGN: YOLOSWAGFORBUDDAH, KarateJesus, MakeItRizane
Very displeased with this response. GGG is going downhill recently with their decisions. :( I'm not mad about the mod costing more, I'm frustrated you used EXALTED ORB as the currency of choice for this. The price of which will be inflated forever and their intended use is now for this mod. No more yolo exalting items.
IGN: InLegendFP
change cost to ex + div
So you guys are splitting the player base into two groups:

1. The hardcore no-lifers who grind for endless hours, only getting access to the good stuff when they've worked hard enough to please you.

2. The undeserving casuals, who see you move the goalposts every time they get close to getting the good stuff.

You know what those two "play styles" have in common? They're both nonstop tickets to Burnout Town. Just how many of your current players are still going to be around in a couple of years if you continue at this rate?

I play this game in spite of your precious economy, not because of it. I play because the skills, character design, combat and atmosphere are miles better than the equivalents in D3 and other similar games. You worked really hard to make an awesome shoot-em-up monster fighting game. And then you fucked it up. Because for some reason you think all the swords and sorcery action is just some kind of minigame in your bigger capitalism simulator. The problem is that your trading game sucks. It does not have a tiny fraction of the depth of an EVE Online or even a Railroad Tycoon. But with every patch you sacrifice fun and playability to protect it. You're building the game around scarcity and failure and creating an economy just as harsh and punitive as that in vanilla D3. You know, that broken game so many people quit to play PoE...

I play this game for the shootouts and the car chases and the kung fu battles on top of speeding subway trains. I don't play it to pull double shifts, balance my checkbook and worry about paying my bills. There's plenty of that in the real world. Why the hell would I want more of that in my entertainment? If I want to play a game about money and finance, why would I pick the one about being a medieval cubicle dweller when I could play one of the many others where I get to be Charlemagne or John Jacob Astor or freaking Al Capone?

I don't think I'm alone in these sentiments...

Last edited by Murugan3 on Sep 26, 2014, 6:51:51 PM
it just shouldnt exist, at all.

yesterday I watched hege craft a bow for 4.5ex that is so far beyond a windripper that if you manage to get that 1 in a million windripper drop its now completely trash, might as well vendor it thats how much of a piece of shit it is compared to what I watched him make. Now it will cost him 6ex to make such a thing..... seriously Qarl? seriously mate? Windripper, Binos, Lioneyes, all the endgame unique items like this are now absolute pieces of shit compared to items you can bench craft? You will never be able to find a weapon as good as you can bench craft, have you any comprehension of what you have done to your game?

For the love of god man stop this madness, I beg you in the name of sanity to look at what you have done, it is a total farce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info