1.2.3 Patch Notes

if they want to price it properly to reflect its power and balance it for high level players it should cost like 20+ exalts. If they are not going to price it that high and want to make it some joke price so that the self found crew can use it, the only people who ever needed this mod, then they have to be able to afford it. Chaos would be good, because you can farm chaos through recipe, theres a means to an end there. 10-20 chaos or 1 divine, or 20-30 exalts, anything in between is the worst of both worlds and just makes the situation even worse imo. You are either balancing this as a fair price for people who dont trade or a fair price for people who do, 2 exalts is some awful middle ground.

edit:

and Id just like to add, why would you balance its price for traders? What made you think us traders needed even more access to ridiculous gear that trivializes the game than you already gave us with the single mod crafting? What happened to this new crafting giving casuals a way to balance their gear without devaluing the existing orb crafting system? Have you seen how stupidly powerful even the single mod crafting allowed us to be within days of the new leagues? What sort of joke have you turned your game into with this multi mod on weapons? completely devalued orb crafting, completely devalued looting, completely devalued even playing the game outside of powerleveling your master through trade chat.

I think your entire balance team needs a crisis meeting, and what you need to do is skype someone like hegemony and have him explain to you the game you have made and how it actually works when you play it, because you dont seem to have the first clue any more about what you are adding and what impact it is having.

ps I love you guys, no harm meant fellas you know I think the world of you, but I worry about how detached this has all got from what makes sense in the context of the game I am playing here.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 25, 2014, 8:57:28 PM
Cool thanks.
Steam: teemu92
Please stop your "balance" changes! Unless your intention is to purposely anger and annoy your player base with every single patch.. then by all means continue.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Sep 25, 2014, 9:05:54 PM
Requiring exalted orbs for master crafting, but not offering a recipe to get exalted orbs, is just more evidence that no one at GGG plays the game solo/self-found.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 25, 2014, 9:25:30 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
inDef wrote:
I don't notice any mention of the "Beacons" you previously announced for 1.2.3.

Did you re-think their addition after the immense amount of community feedback against them?

They're mentioned (not by name) in the Haku section. After the changes in this patch, his missions are a lot more fun now.

Chris I appreciate your response, but it is truly disappointing.

There's almost 50 pages of feedback and criticism on the performance of the game in its current state...and this is your response? Are you that out of touch?
So the game gets more out of balance as the dev team gets more out of touch with much of the fan base.

They either don't listen or just don't care about anything other than the top 1%. Casual players get crapped on pretty much every patch.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
Mivo wrote:
Requiring exalted orbs for master crafting, but not offering a recipe to get exalted orbs, is just more evidence that no one at GGG plays the game solo/self-found.

yep.

"The rarity of higher tiers of the flat Physical Damage weapon mods have been adjusted."

this gets me too, lets make it even harder now to find good weapons or craft with eternal exalts to try and balance how much we messed up with the master mods. Thanks guys.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Chris, I beg you to read what Im about to write

"
Qarl wrote:

The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

this mod was ridiculously buffing high level trading players who did not need the buff at all. Now by increasing the cost like this you are taking it much further out of the reach of self found players, while the high level trading players will have absolutely no problem getting 2 exalts. That is as chump change to people like us who make trades for items worth 10s if not 100s of exalted orbs fairly regularly as a Divine orb, and a complete joke of a price compared to what we paid for such items or to craft such items before.

However, for players who are not big time traders this is a ridiculous price, how often do you expect them to find 2 exalts? This does nothing to combat how much of a joke this mods power and price is for the ballers yet puts it further out of reach for people who couldnt get those items before. I believe this mod should have been prevented from working on weapons, it makes a joke of the game, but if you allow it to exist I implore you not to make this change for the sake of the people who are relying on 2 exalted orbs dropping now to actually use this. It does nothing to stop the problems with this mod and helps destroy the only good it could possibly do, which is help the very people who dont have 2 exalts in the first place.

If you find a 6 link from a corrupted box or a tabula you can make a divine from a vendor, theres ways to force a divine into your pocket from a self found perspective even if they dont drop, theres no way to make 2 exalts appear if they dont drop. So far in rampage I have found 1 exalt, if I were self found there I couldnt do the mod. However, I trade there, Ive bought pairs of boots for 10 exalts, Ive offered 15+ exalts for boots, because I trade I have that access, because I trade I didnt need this mod to make the game any easier to start with.

This is so, so, so wrong, please dont do this, either remove it or let it help the people who needed help.

Completely agree here, i hope they change their minds. 2 EX for this mod is way overpriced.
"
Daftkant4561 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Chris, I beg you to read what Im about to write

"
Qarl wrote:

The price of the "of Crafting" mod (which grants the ability to have multiple crafted mods) has been changed from one Divine Orb to two Exalted Orbs.

this mod was ridiculously buffing high level trading players who did not need the buff at all. Now by increasing the cost like this you are taking it much further out of the reach of self found players, while the high level trading players will have absolutely no problem getting 2 exalts. That is as chump change to people like us who make trades for items worth 10s if not 100s of exalted orbs fairly regularly as a Divine orb, and a complete joke of a price compared to what we paid for such items or to craft such items before.

However, for players who are not big time traders this is a ridiculous price, how often do you expect them to find 2 exalts? This does nothing to combat how much of a joke this mods power and price is for the ballers yet puts it further out of reach for people who couldnt get those items before. I believe this mod should have been prevented from working on weapons, it makes a joke of the game, but if you allow it to exist I implore you not to make this change for the sake of the people who are relying on 2 exalted orbs dropping now to actually use this. It does nothing to stop the problems with this mod and helps destroy the only good it could possibly do, which is help the very people who dont have 2 exalts in the first place.

If you find a 6 link from a corrupted box or a tabula you can make a divine from a vendor, theres ways to force a divine into your pocket from a self found perspective even if they dont drop, theres no way to make 2 exalts appear if they dont drop. So far in rampage I have found 1 exalt, if I were self found there I couldnt do the mod. However, I trade there, Ive bought pairs of boots for 10 exalts, Ive offered 15+ exalts for boots, because I trade I have that access, because I trade I didnt need this mod to make the game any easier to start with.

This is so, so, so wrong, please dont do this, either remove it or let it help the people who needed help.

Completely agree here, i hope they change their minds. 2 EX for this mod is way overpriced.

No, 2 Ex is more than OK, even 5Ex will be ok.

Why?
1) To get that Elron to Lvl 8 - as a single player, i have it only Lvl6 and don't think I will reach Lvl 8 till end of Rampage league.
2) Whn you will have it Lvl 8, you will have few Exalts in stash.
3) High-end traders - why not? They still will have 2Ex to spent for items to get BiS.
and why are eternals and exalts so rare? I just watched hege craft a harbinger that skyforth valued at around 300-400 exalts prior to FM, and it took him 4.5ex of currency to do it. If you are ok with this, if you wanted people to be able to craft things 100x cheaper why did you never buff the drop rate of eternals and exalts by 100x? Where is the logic that you wanted et/ex to be so rare now you add this? It makes absolutely no sense.

Buffing et/ex drops would encourage actually playing the game, not grinding yawn masters, how much fun is it to 1 shot a stream of beatles in a lvl51 eleron zone with a lvl90 20k aoe dps character all day? If you removed this, buffed the drops of eternal and exalted orbs by a factor of about 50 the game would actually be more fun. But let me guess, YOU wouldnt be having as much fun right? This is your new little FM toy you are enjoying which takes priority over the actual game WE are playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info