2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

I think you should give whirling blades a shot in place of cyclone, if not just for the laughs.

It's not practical for bosses naturally but it's pretty hilariously effective for clearing packs in maps.
I have been testing this build with 3 dragons and flame surge, I'm currently 72 and noticed that while discharge is better for clearing packs flame surge absolutely melts bosses. I usually run away and switch them out when I see one because discharge doesn't hold a candle.
Any thoughts on how an ES version of this build would do, either with or without CI?

The main benefit would be running Blood Rage for frenzy charges and additional life leech. Since charges are granted on kill, every discharge should max them out (except for single target). By having fire damage on gear the cold damage of discharge would benefit from EE as well.

Even though the leech is physical damage, this build would grant 7%+, which I think would help with survivability. Besides, I'm already running a lvl 57 ES shadow that's spec'ed into the witch tree and I don't have the regrets to back out!

I'm so excited to try this build. I've been wanting to do an EE CoC that has good AoE and this is much better than my own theory crafting.

Also, is cyclone essential for this build?
Suggestion Thread: Race of the Day
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940
just wondering , what if you exchange cyclone with a level 1 frenzy for single target boss fights? you dont really need the aoe from cyclone and it costs less mana aka life to use.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
How does EE not make mobs resistant to lightning damage, too?
Cast on Crit too much fun.
"
Also, is cyclone essential for this build?

You can use double strike+multistrike. Molten strike is also good but requires 3 links (molten strike+gmp+multistrike)

"
How does EE not make mobs resistant to lightning damage, too?

It does. Monster resistances cycle between -50 light +25 cold and -50 cold +25 light.
If you deal weapon fire damage the target being hit by cyclone will basically have -50 light/cold all the time. As for aoe, you'll sometimes hit more than once with discharge or nova so some of your hits will be with +25 resist, but the -50 res hits are still big enough to make EE well worth using.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Thanks for the screenshots but what gems you were using when you took the offense tab screenshot?

You have 73.1% chance to crit with out charges and critical chance support gem?

I got more crit from my gear and my dagger has more crit base than yours and I am at 63.5% crit chance with out crit chance gem.

Am I missing something?
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 9, 2014, 8:07:14 AM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Thanks for the screenshots but what gems you were using when you took the offense tab screenshot?

I got more crit from my gear and my dagger has more crit base than yours and I am at 63.5% crit chance with out crit chance gem.

Am I missing something?

Are you level 90+ as well? He says in the video he hits 95% with charges up.
IGN: xBilldozerx
"
xBilldozerx wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Am I missing something?

Are you level 90+ as well? He says in the video he hits 95% with charges up.

I hit 95 with charges also. I hit 95% with only 5 charges. AFAIK gaining levels doesn't increase your critical strike chance.
Maybe I am wrong about this, I don't know.

Also, for the author.
You should drop 4x 5% life nodes from the Constitution cluster and get the Written in Blood cluster.

You get the same % of life and you gain 10 STR (5 base life) and 25% ES (irrelevant but still).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 9, 2014, 9:19:15 AM
Would it be too hard to craft a dagger like the one OP is using?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info