2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Khornaar wrote:
I have a question about helmet slot.
What do you think about Three Dragons helm for this build?
Loss of crit and Shock from Discharge hurts damage, i guess, but instead Discharge will freeze everything.
Worth it/not worth it?

In my opinion it isn't worth it for the final setup, but it doesn't mean you can't mess around with it.
Since discharge becomes you crowd control spell you could add cold damage to attacks (via jewelry or weapon itself) and put in flame surge as secondary spell. Cold damage will ignite and proc EE, and flame surge itself will be able to shock so you can potentially get triple benefit from it (50% more dmg for burning, -50% res from EE and 50% increased dmg from shock)
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
Myraklus wrote:
Finally someone agrees with me on this! some guy posted a 4 ex crafted dagger on previous page, thinking he wouldnt need that 1% life leech!

Can yu give some insight as to why 2% lightning leech is so much better than 1%?
And one more question why no vaal pact? i want use it on beyond
"
Jarovb wrote:

I haven't tried it yet but in my experience anything less than like 8-10% leech while taking vaal pact makes you leech damn near nothing. Considering my build has 2% leech, turning that into .8% would give you back near nothing and probably make you die to reflect even harder.

"

How's this dagger for this build? It has one slot open for lightning leech.

It's a fine starter dagger.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
Finally someone agrees with me on this! some guy posted a 4 ex crafted dagger on previous page, thinking he wouldnt need that 1% life leech!

Can yu give some insight as to why 2% lightning leech is so much better than 1%?

Basically double your leech isnt it? As having a 87 character with this and doing 75-76 everyday, I personally feel that even with 2% leech, it's still hard to face roll against reflect sometimes, even with flask on. Trying to corrupt some amulets to get another 1%, which would make it 3 in total. Havent succeeded though.
If you watched all videos Mathil made about this build, Im pretty sure Mathil himself said that it hurts sometimes to fight against reflect packs that have a lot of HP, golems for example. Somewhere during the uber video probably. While doing maps, reflect packs can drop my HP to below 20% sometimes.
Feel free to go with 1% if you so desire. But you will probably see my points.
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Jarovb wrote:

I haven't tried it yet but in my experience anything less than like 8-10% leech while taking vaal pact makes you leech damn near nothing. Considering my build has 2% leech, turning that into .8% would give you back near nothing and probably make you die to reflect even harder.

"

How's this dagger for this build? It has one slot open for lightning leech.

It's a fine starter dagger.

True. I think this build would only take vaal pact if ever someone is able to afford a 6L + voll's devotion. For that, im thinking about respec out of EE to get vaal pact. For 6L, use discharge + cyclone + CoC + Blood magic + Concentrated Effect + Life Leech.
what is for scion skill tree start for this build?
"
AlexOvechkin wrote:
what is for scion skill tree start for this build?

Resists if your gear doesn't have enough. Attack speed if your gear covers the resists.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:

Basically double your leech isnt it? As having a 87 character with this and doing 75-76 everyday, I personally feel that even with 2% leech, it's still hard to face roll against reflect sometimes, even with flask on. Trying to corrupt some amulets to get another 1%, which would make it 3 in total. Havent succeeded though.
If you watched all videos Mathil made about this build, Im pretty sure Mathil himself said that it hurts sometimes to fight against reflect packs that have a lot of HP, golems for example. Somewhere during the uber video probably. While doing maps, reflect packs can drop my HP to below 20% sometimes.
Feel free to go with 1% if you so desire. But you will probably see my points.

Thing is, a few extra % of leech won't save you against those high hp, bigger packs of reflect. You die way too fast and leeching a bit more changes nothing. The leech is essentially there to cover the cost of your cyclone spam and generate some sustain from pack to pack. Life flasks cover most damage you take from monsters and reflect.
"
Mathil wrote:

Thing is, a few extra % of leech won't save you against those high hp, bigger packs of reflect. You die way too fast and leeching a bit more changes nothing. The leech is essentially there to cover the cost of your cyclone spam and generate some sustain from pack to pack. Life flasks cover most damage you take from monsters and reflect.

Thanks for answering the question!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info