2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

hi there,

i want to try this build out, but the guide says "shadow" and the tree is not a shadow tree.

any shadow tree available ?

i suppose i should start the tree like that, but i'm not sure :

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2bCSUdn_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDY=

thanks for your hints
Last edited by frenchlion on Feb 14, 2016, 2:36:52 PM
Here's my tree as shadow @lvl 84 in talisman: Link

Just take the ele dmg nodes.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hi, I'm running a version of this in Talisman SC, fancied a new character, and had just 6l'd a Voll's
Levelling was a bit tricky, I was stubborn and insisted on trying to level with CoC when I could, and as a hybrid! Got a huge survivability boost around lvl 66/67 when I could start wearing decent ES gear though.

CI may well be the way to go, but I've bought a few bits of chaos res gear, and am going to stick with it for now.

My Gear

Spoiler

Few notes on gear

- Vertex is a pretty good choice late in the league when it's cheap. No life and no other resists, but high ES and chaos for it's price. Also lets you run a boosted discipline and purity, so in reality it gives you about 340es - en equivalent rare is more expensive. Might eventually replace, but would have to be a pretty good helm.

- The dagger I had in the stash, not sure if worth a multimod. Would give me attack speed and let me craft damage for EE, freeing up a slot on jewellery. Might see if I can find a better one though.

-Shield, I bought it with the flat and a crafted ES roll fairly cheap. It was worth a gamble, taking of the crafted ES and exalting, a life, hybrid or high ES roll would have made it GG. Hit thorns, so just put the mastercraft back. Still solid, but will look for an upgrade.

- Boots, I like these - pretty much ideal (30% move speed better ofc) and even came with the right colours which saved me a load of chromes.

- Jewellery - Not crafted on the first one as want to try and swap in at least one diamond, but getting the cold resist I need will be tricky. Might have to wait until I have upgraded a couple of other pieces.

- Amulet, Bought this dirt cheap. For some reason exalted the dex onto it - we need dex, but I now have too much! Lets me easily take off the ring and mali's if I want though.

- Belt - Was cheap, does the job, plenty of chaos res. Maybe will look out for a good heavy belt, can lose a strength node on tree then.

I don't have much life on gear, but I do have a bit more chaos res than average, so hopefully will work out. I'm not running clarity either, a single 2 mana on hit jewel seems to be keeping me sustained just fine, so that gives a chunk of life back too.

Got a few ok jewels in the tree, plus one GG one that I exalted (Really was not the best use of currency at my characters current level!) - 8%es, 22% crit multi for discharge + 12 area damage.

Will update once I get properly into maps, and into the 80's - will have taken my ES nodes then so should have a much better idea about the viability of hybrid with a low life pool

"
zSavage wrote:
Here's my tree as shadow @lvl 84 in talisman: Link

Just take the ele dmg nodes.

thank you very much mate !
is there any advantage in choosing a shadow over a scion ?
Lvld to 40. Switched to Coc setup... #FeelsBadMan XD. Thinking I might just reroll as scion and get on with it? Although, the lower levelling with Coc is likely to be quite uncomfortable for scion as well. Any advice on how to deal with the life leech and lower Coc levelling (running clarity and one aura at lvl40 pretty much used 90% of mana, so I ran the Coc setup with BM. Yikes!) would be appreciated.
I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
"
PyknoR wrote:
Lvld to 40. Switched to Coc setup... #FeelsBadMan XD. Thinking I might just reroll as scion and get on with it? Although, the lower levelling with Coc is likely to be quite uncomfortable for scion as well. Any advice on how to deal with the life leech and lower Coc levelling (running clarity and one aura at lvl40 pretty much used 90% of mana, so I ran the Coc setup with BM. Yikes!) would be appreciated.

At lower levels just use assassin's mark on blasphemy, and use a mana flask. Don't use a purity (use any old gear to stay crit capped or near it) and not much point running discipline, too low level and you haven't got enough ES yet.
I dropped hope off atziri so used the funds to upgrade my dagger.
Not the ideal base, but slaughter knife isn't bad, and was decent for the price (Bought it regalled with the hybrid spell damage)

Started taking the spell crit nodes now and it's making a big difference. Couple more to take then I can start filling in my ES.
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
PyknoR wrote:

At lower levels just use assassin's mark on blasphemy, and use a mana flask. Don't use a purity (use any old gear to stay crit capped or near it) and not much point running discipline, too low level and you haven't got enough ES yet.
True, didn't think about blasphemy + AM. Will give it a bash and see how it goes. Cheers.
This is my gear right now. I want to multimod my dagger, can anyone tell me what I should put on it? (For equilibrium to work?) I do use Voll's amulet and blood rage

Spoiler
Last edited by Witcher123456 on Feb 17, 2016, 1:45:03 AM
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
PyknoR wrote:

Lvl 50 now. Used clarity on BM and Warlords Mark on Blasphemy (the leech feels better than AMs MGoK). Also running HoL (just because, to see what I can load on mana and get away with). After taking EE stuff's melting. Need to sort some better gear though, but ye, seems to be going better now :)
Last edited by PyknoR on Feb 18, 2016, 3:16:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info