2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Just a quick question, but you use an cwdt set up for ec-ic, how are your charges not discharged? When I try to use a cwdt, I just end up discharging the charges before it can cast ic.
Last edited by ColoredImages on Sep 29, 2014, 10:38:30 PM
This build looks great and I'm in the process of respec-ing into it. Two quick thoughts/questions come to mind....

1. I know this is a budget build but if I have access to a Voll's Devotion wouldn't using that be a huge DPS boost? Any reason not to use it?

2. I've seen in this thread using Ice Nova or Lightning Pen in one of the slots but wouldn't Increased Crit Damage also be an excellent choice? Or does that make ele reflect a more dangerous proposition?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm anxious to put the last few items in place and take this puppy for a test drive ;)
Would this 6-link work?

Cyclone
Discharge
Cast on Crit
Elemental Weakness
Curse on Hit
Blood Magic

You would need to take out Ice Nova but you gain Elemental Weakness and with some fire/cold damage on gear you can still proc EE. The EE/Ele Weakness combo is very strong, it's used in Righteous Fire Builds.

edit: thinking about it now it's probably no different than using lightning pen.
Last edited by Darkith1546 on Sep 30, 2014, 12:06:22 AM
"
urgatorbait wrote:
This build looks great and I'm in the process of respec-ing into it. Two quick thoughts/questions come to mind....

1. I know this is a budget build but if I have access to a Voll's Devotion wouldn't using that be a huge DPS boost? Any reason not to use it?

2. I've seen in this thread using Ice Nova or Lightning Pen in one of the slots but wouldn't Increased Crit Damage also be an excellent choice? Or does that make ele reflect a more dangerous proposition?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm anxious to put the last few items in place and take this puppy for a test drive ;)

Voll's Devotion would be amazing as far as I can tell. It would nearly double your damage and doesn't really make reflect any more dangerous due to having massive fire resist/flask as well. It's just that on Rampage they're 40ex+ and that doesn't scream budget. Also hardly feels necessary at this point since things explode near instantly in any scenario.

Crit damage is probably ok but I imagine lightning pen would give more of a benefit with slightly less danger.

"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Would this 6-link work?

Cyclone
Discharge
Cast on Crit
Elemental Weakness
Curse on Hit
Blood Magic

You would need to take out Ice Nova but you gain Elemental Weakness and with some fire/cold damage on gear you can still proc EE. The EE/Ele Weakness combo is very strong, it's used in Righteous Fire Builds.

edit: thinking about it now it's probably no different than using lightning pen.

You'd gain quite literally nothing by doing this. You don't need to curse trash packs because they all explode pretty quickly and if it's a tough one, manually curse it. Likewise with bosses. A manual curse is no huge burden on the tougher targets and saves you 2 links in your main setup in this case.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Brodrick2527 wrote:
Great build and guide. 2 quick questions:

1. Is it best to have some elemental dmg somewhere on items to trigger EE, freeing up ice nova? Or is there an inherent advantage with IN?

2. At what level/point, assuming you have the appropriate gear and gems, do you think you can switch to cyclone from the "leveling build" that most will use to progress early on?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"
Main setup:
4L: Cast on Critical Strikes + Cyclone + Blood Magic + Discharge.
5L: Cast on Critical Strikes + Cyclone + Blood Magic + Discharge + Ice nova or Lightning Pen.
6L: Cast on Critical Strikes + Cyclone + Blood Magic + Discharge + Ice Nova + Lightning Pen.
- If you can only use the 4L setup then make sure to have either cold or fire elemental damage on your rings/amulet/dagger so when you're cycloning you still trigger Elemental Equilibrium and reduce enemy lightning resists. When using a 5L use either Ice nova or lightning pen depending on what you feel works best. Ice nova helps trigger Elemental Equilibrium as well as providing good defensive bonuses and extra power charge generation. When using a 6L, use both Ice nova and Lightning pen and sub in Conc effect over Ice nova for bosses like Atziri.
- Quality is really good to have on both Discharge and Cyclone. The rest are not that important but nice to have.

I'd swap around 60-65 personally. Someone just earlier mentioned they're leveling with CoC as low as 30-40 and it's working for them so who knows. I'd rather wait until I can get a real solid proc chance happening but it might be worth using earlier, I haven't tried.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Sorry if I missed this, but when did you decide to incorporate EE and Ice Nova? Last time I checked you had Arc/Discharge setup - if the travel to EE really worth it?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Respecced to this. Got Max Rampage tier on first map I ran. :)

Great build, having lots of fun.
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
b0moodc wrote:
LOVING THE BUILD!
3 aps and 52% crit chance without charges (71% with 4). Clearing ledge is a breeze :)

If you pick up EE that dagger will make mobs resistant to lightning. Just a heads up.

I know how it works and no, it doesn't make mobs resistant.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
b0moodc wrote:
LOVING THE BUILD!
3 aps and 52% crit chance without charges (71% with 4). Clearing ledge is a breeze :)

If you pick up EE that dagger will make mobs resistant to lightning. Just a heads up.

I know how it works and no, it doesn't make mobs resistant.
You think so? Ok, go ahead using that dagger then. Let me know how it works out for you.
I don't really understand how EE works with this setup. Wouldn't CoC trigger Ice Nova alon with Discharge and thereby triggering EE for Lightning and Cold at the same time, thereby decreasing all elemental damage except fire?

(Using a dagger with some cold dmg on the other hand seems to be a really good idea.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info