Pet for archer

Hello,

just wanted to ask if anyone uses some minions without minionnodes as damagesponge?
I would like a long duration minion which does not die every small fight but does not deal any damage.
Thinking about an animated guardian in an sixlink or helmet with +2 miniongems or to "spectre" an enemie with high baselife and intrinsic lifereg?

Is this impossible/useless?
IGN Corelica
Animated guardian - hell no, it's too squishy and tends to go too far from you and die easily.

Your best bet would be giant statue spectres, they deal little damage but are hard to kill. You can use them with Skullhead helm, they don't need + minion level and the helm has some regen on it. Possible links would be minion life and minion resists.

They will probably last a bit, but still, if you aren't using a purity aura they will die quickly in elemental-heavy fights. Just accept that not many gems work with no investment at all. If you want pet tanks consider some investment in summons, builds like that kinda work.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 25, 2014, 10:16:51 AM
If you have a +2 helm with zombies, minion life, minion resists they will be mediocre meat shields and will die. That is about as tanky as you will get. The best option is spell totem with summon skeltons. They die quick but there are two more to take their place instantly. Great for boss fights.

Edit: great suggestion raics! Those will probably outlast the zombies as they have a huge life pool. I would still say that keeping unsupported perm minions alive will not be to easy but i have not tested those big bastards.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Sep 25, 2014, 10:22:12 AM
thanks for the replies, I will try the statue spectres
IGN Corelica

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info