SRS - added fire or melee splash?

"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Xero_Kill wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
added fire is straight up weaker than melee physical damage, faster attacks, and spell echo. Increased duration or faster casting is also better in most situations.

What does any of that have to do with the question of Added Fire vs. Melee Splash? Did you read the OP or the subsequent responses?

So if you ask how to build the best bow and i give ya plans for a laser you would be upset?

Yeah, cuz PoE doesn't have any "Increased Damage with Lasers" nodes yet.
Last edited by olop4444 on Sep 25, 2014, 12:55:43 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Xero_Kill wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
added fire is straight up weaker than melee physical damage, faster attacks, and spell echo. Increased duration or faster casting is also better in most situations.

What does any of that have to do with the question of Added Fire vs. Melee Splash? Did you read the OP or the subsequent responses?

So if you ask how to build the best bow and i give ya plans for a laser you would be upset?

Non sequitur.

The OP specifically asked about Added Fire vs Melee Splash, leading one to the conclusion that they already know all the non-disputed gem links and that conclusion is further corroborated by the entirety of their post and everyone's responses. You then listed, literally, every other gem selection as though you were revealing the secrets of the Universe... none of which was in question.

A better analogy would be if he had all the pieces to build a bow and was torn between which cams make the bow better and wanted to know why people prefer one size over another. Then, you list off all the parts of the bow that are already being used, except the cams, and act as though you said something useful.

And now comes your indignant response which employs what you assume is profundity incarnate but is actually nothing more than a perfect example of the unlearned self-righteousness so endemic to the populous of today... that I will summarily ignore.

Good day, sir.
Last edited by Xero_Kill on Sep 25, 2014, 7:09:59 PM
"
Xero_Kill wrote:

Non sequitur.

Just because the logic is not apparent to you does not mean i had no logical basis for my statement. There is an implicit sense that the OP plans on using SRS and is limited in the number of links available.

"
Xero_Kill wrote:

The OP specifically asked about Added Fire vs Melee Splash, leading one to the conclusion that they already know all the non-disputed gem links and that conclusion is further corroborated by the entirety of their post and everyone's responses. You then listed, literally, every other gem selection as though you were revealing the secrets of the Universe... none of which was in question.

A better analogy would be if he had all the pieces to build a bow and was torn between which cams make the bow better and wanted to know why people prefer one size over another. Then, you list off all the parts of the bow that are already being used, except the cams, and act as though you said something useful.

And now comes your indignant response which employs what you assume is profundity incarnate but is actually nothing more than a perfect example of the unlearned self-righteousness so endemic to the populous of today... that I will summarily ignore.

Good day, sir.

I assure everyone, there was no harm intended. I used my time to assist others and this is how im repayed? With asinine comments.

Your sentences are neatly strung together with obvious superior thesaurus use. But the underlying motivations and logic beneath them are extremely flawed. I can only assume what you say is merely a pretense in order to attack me without provocation. If not, i would suggest you seek professional help.

Furthermore, you do not rule over me. I am not your slave, your subject, or your child. I am not bound to follow your expectations. Indeed it is you which are bound by the forum rules and need to be brought to your knees for violating the 'do not antagonize' guidelines. If you cannot peacefully coexist with me here, you will be banned.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Lol despite the arguing, I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks guys.

Yea I asked added for added fire and melee splash because they would be able to be interchangeable. I guess I should have figured the obvious advantages of both gems lol. I wouldn't be able to swap out gems if I were to use Faster Attacks or Minion Damage because they're different colors.
Last edited by dezahp on Sep 26, 2014, 1:06:01 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Xero_Kill wrote:

Non sequitur.

Just because the logic is not apparent to you does not mean i had no logical basis for my statement. There is an implicit sense that the OP plans on using SRS and is limited in the number of links available.

"
Xero_Kill wrote:

Good day, sir.

I assure everyone, there was no harm intended. I used my time to assist others and this is how im repayed? With asinine comments.

Your sentences are neatly strung together with obvious superior thesaurus use. But the underlying motivations and logic beneath them are extremely flawed. I can only assume what you say is merely a pretense in order to attack me without provocation. If not, i would suggest you seek professional help.

Furthermore, you do not rule over me. I am not your slave, your subject, or your child. I am not bound to follow your expectations. Indeed it is you which are bound by the forum rules and need to be brought to your knees for violating the 'do not antagonize' guidelines. If you cannot peacefully coexist with me here, you will be banned.

Umadbro?
"They... Eats... The Mens..."
IGN: M_Judge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info