SRS - added fire or melee splash?

I've checked out a few builds for Summon Raging Spirits and some run either with added fire or with melee splash. I've been trying to find any pros/cons or which is better to use. Does anyone know?
I have been running melee splash personally, I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep an added fire leveled up to swap out for on bosses
Yea I suppose it would be a good idea to have added fire on swap and have melee splash for clearing maps
"
dezahp wrote:
I've checked out a few builds for Summon Raging Spirits and some run either with added fire or with melee splash. I've been trying to find any pros/cons or which is better to use. Does anyone know?

pros/cons cannot be more obvious, right?

melee splash pros = AoE dps
melee splash cons = single target dps
added fire pros = single target dps
added fire cons = AoE dps
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Added Fire really only factors in when running Atziri for most people. The skulls do so much DPS that even single targets get devoured with Melee Splash. I run MS 99% of the time because the added DPS just doesn't add up to the time to swap it out for most bosses. I keep one in my weapon swap for those few moments, but usually forget about it until the fight is over. MS always helps more in boss fights that have adds, like Merveil, by keeping the riff-raff down.
added fire is straight up weaker than melee physical damage, faster attacks, and spell echo. Increased duration or faster casting is also better in most situations.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
added fire is straight up weaker than melee physical damage, faster attacks, and spell echo. Increased duration or faster casting is also better in most situations.

What does any of that have to do with the question of Added Fire vs. Melee Splash? Did you read the OP or the subsequent responses?
"
Xero_Kill wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:

What does any of that have to do with the question of Added Fire vs. Melee Splash? Did you read the OP or the subsequent responses?

So if you ask how to build the best bow and i give ya plans for a laser you would be upset?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 25, 2014, 10:59:07 AM
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

Not really enough links.

I'd rank links like so: Multistrike -> echo -> melee physical -> empower(or minion damage) -> melee splash.

Added fire is nice since you can take out melee splash while doing atziri or something although minion damage/FA is better than added fire.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 25, 2014, 12:39:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info