can GGG do anything about the public party trading?

seriously its getting out of hand now. when this first started, there was only a few people here and there doing it. now you can hardly start a REAL pub party in a3 merc because there are always like 50 people using it for trading, when there is literally like 4 other BETTER ways to trade, including a dedicated in-game chat. why these people feel the need to clutter the public party window and make it almost impossible for people to start REAL public parties, such as the one i just tried to start for low level maps, ill never understand. sure there is a search function, but i have found that not a lot of people bother using it, or maybe just don't know its there.
Last edited by Zhalias on Sep 25, 2014, 4:04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i was just talking to some random people in a public party about this. i feel the same.

however, i feel that whatever GGG does, people will find a way to abuse it.

another question we were pondering was why the party seems to disappear from the public party list. i've been in a bunch of public parties yesterday that take awhile to get going because we are waiting for a full party of 6. and every time someone leaves, the leader wants to remake the party so it shows up on the list.

one thought on how to help control that was to maybe make different sub-tabs for types of parties, but again, it will get abused.
There are ways to narrow down the results on the board and most people run low maps solo or with their dedicated group or guild. It is more likely that no one joined your map group because a lot of people don't do PuGs or don't bother until 70+ maps. Even then, you the don't want PuGgers that can't even figure out how to work the noticeboard in the first place. I am not disagreeing that trading is in a sad state, but the clutter on the noticeboard is not the reason your group making efforts failed. At best, it helped you by eliminating the chaff that would have got you killed because typing three letters is hard.
Whenever i look for public map groups i usually just search for a few keywords to filter out the ~90% WTS/WTB spam. But recently i see more and more of the traders use tags like "map dominus docks atziri PA" to bypass the search filter which is insanely annoying and should be bannable.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Probably the new trade system, if/when it ever arrives will discourage such.

A lot of people have been making suggestion threads lately around trading, which is good for them to hear.

But I expect we're 3-12 months out from such. Mind you, my crystal ball ran out of batteries.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

another question we were pondering was why the party seems to disappear from the public party list. i've been in a bunch of public parties yesterday that take awhile to get going because we are waiting for a full party of 6. and every time someone leaves, the leader wants to remake the party so it shows up on the list.

The board only shows a limited number of parties, with the most recently created on top.

When someone makes (or remakes) a party, it goes to the top of the list and the bottom party may get knocked off (if the new party was already on the list and was remade, they won't).

So basically all the people refreshing their WTB/WTS parties removes all the parties of people that want to play the game from the board.

I think a possible solution is to have separate party boards for trading, but I think the new trading system could fix things, whatever it does.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Probably the new trade system, if/when it ever arrives will discourage such. [...] But I expect we're 3-12 months out from such. Mind you, my crystal ball ran out of batteries.

That's why we need a band-aid in the meantime.

Option A: a label like the Perma/short allocation/free for all => allow searching by label.

Option B: noticeboard with "trade tab" and "play tab".
Last edited by Salzwer on Sep 25, 2014, 2:02:50 PM
"
Salzwer wrote:
"
Probably the new trade system, if/when it ever arrives will discourage such. [...] But I expect we're 3-12 months out from such. Mind you, my crystal ball ran out of batteries.

That's why we need a band-aid in the meantime.

Option A: a label like the Perma/short allocation/free for all => allow searching by label.

Option B: noticeboard with "trade tab" and "play tab".

Option B would be more than reasonable at the moment, but what is this new trading system that i keep hearing about and what put this idea into everyones head? Has this actually be announced by GGG?
Ign: ChaosCrits
"
Deimos1337 wrote:
Option B would be more than reasonable at the moment, but what is this new trading system that i keep hearing about and what put this idea into everyones head? Has this actually be announced by GGG?

Yes!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960477/filter-account-type/staff

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

We are currently working on updating the trading system. So far, this is what Chris has announced in regards to this:

"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.
thanks for all the replies, i too did not know they were making a new trading system. hopefully that does help the problem. also i knew about the not on the list thing. didnt know its cuz my party was old, just always thought it was because i left town and went into the actual maps that pulled me from the list. never noticed i wasn't on the list until after a map and someone leaves, then i look and see im not on the list. but just walking into town works for me. never had to remake the party. also, i wish i could do it solo. but this character is incapable of it. i do have characters i can solo maps on. but the one that i was on is not one of them. 30 dps in maps ftw. (also, for any wondering, its a mf culler. dps means nothing for me)

oh, and i notice my thread got moved. sorry for posting in the wrong section. i pretty much just guess on things like that the best i can. figured party system was a gameplay discussion. so i went there.
Last edited by Zhalias on Sep 26, 2014, 3:20:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info