often DC/ game not responding

I came back to try the game but I am having often DCs (and the usual infinite time for the game to detect DC- seems like this issue was not fixed from before)

After 4pm EST I have lag spikes and often DC but the client doesn't actually DC the game just stops responding and it can stay in that state for minutes at a time... any other game (WarThunder/chivalry) has no problems..

any tips?
this seems to be a common issue and happens always during peak hours... is there any GGG response regarding this issue being worked on? what is it anyway? American server overload?

all they say is to post ping reports which seems redundant at this point since so many ppl have the same issue

Welcome back! :)

There's a few variables that can cause these kinds of issues. So that we can look into this further, I'll just need to start with some basic info about your connection.

Are you on a wireless connection? Do you experience this issue on other gateways? Do you have any background programmes that might interfere with your connection? (uTorrent, for example)
Hey I have this issue as well frequently. Start map, takes ages to load, then when it does its frozen and couple seconds later find myself back at login screen. Happens probably around 1 in 4 maps.

Was not a big issue previously because I'd just log back in and enter the map again and it would load quickly (sometimes had to close POE completely first though), so loss of one portal only real problem although it was a real pain when playing a summoner as have to go and resummon spectres, etc.

But now with Zana timed missions, or when she only give you one portal, its a real problem. I lost my daily today because of this. Not fun since I'm solo player.

I think I've noticed that it seems to happen more often when one of the mods is a ground effect mod (eg desecrated ground) or where there is rain in the map.

Since GGG asked, yes I do generally play on a wireless atm since my desktop was fried a few months ago. Can't remember if used to have the problem back then. I generally don't run any backgorund programs when playing POE.

cdchi1 - Thanks for letting us know. Please make a new thread for your issue and we will assist you this way. It can be complicated helping multiple players in a single thread.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Welcome back! :)

There's a few variables that can cause these kinds of issues. So that we can look into this further, I'll just need to start with some basic info about your connection.

Are you on a wireless connection? Do you experience this issue on other gateways? Do you have any background programmes that might interfere with your connection? (uTorrent, for example)

thanks for responding...connection is wireless, no other clients using the bandwidth and it always happens after 3-4pm EST.. morning the connection is very nice... and the problem happens only with this game... the only thing that concerns me is that this is a frequent issue in my region/gateway
"
cdchi1 wrote:
Hey I have this issue as well frequently. Start map, takes ages to load, then when it does its frozen and couple seconds later find myself back at login screen. Happens probably around 1 in 4 maps.

my problem is different, i never get kicked to login screen, i can wait for 5min with the game not responding (still moving my char just can't interact with anything in game)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info