1.2.3 Timeline and Other News

"
Halezor wrote:
I am going to side with the developers over a varied (and sometimes whiny) player base in terms of balance, mechanics, nerfs, drop rates, etc. Just sayin'.

Every community has "whiners" as well as "brown nosers".

Just sayin'.
"
Grughal wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We're quite far along in the planning of the next Race Season. We're expecting to announce details next week.

Sure hope youve come up with some sort of solution to the rampant maphacking thats dominated the last few seasons. Looking forward to the next season if so.

Exaggeration, most top racers are streaming and not using maphacks.

Its beyond a reasonable doubt that signature event demis have been taken by maphackers in past seasons, last season in particular. Unfortunately, ggg seems to require absolute hard proof and since even the derpiest cheater isnt going to stream with maphack or other cheat elements visible onscreen, hard proof is never going to present itself, so maphackers get to keep their ill gotten demis and the majority of the community continues to think similarly to your above statement.

And as a racer who doesnt magically know where all the blue packs and best routes are in every single event i participate in, id like to see this sort of crap finally put to rest.
IGN: KoTao
420hudit
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
KoTao wrote:

Its beyond a reasonable doubt that signature event demis have been taken by maphackers in past seasons, last season in particular. Unfortunately, ggg seems to require absolute hard proof and since even the derpiest cheater isnt going to stream with maphack or other cheat elements visible onscreen, hard proof is never going to present itself, so maphackers get to keep their ill gotten demis and the majority of the community continues to think similarly to your above statement.

And as a racer who doesnt magically know where all the blue packs and best routes are in every single event i participate in, id like to see this sort of crap finally put to rest.

Mate, as a top 20 witch racer last season, and legitimately winning multiple demigods from 40m d:c when everyone was rolling dual blood of summer fotm, I can tell you that maphack won't give you a massive edge in that race.

You need a ton of blue packs to break top 3 signature, and a decent amount of blue packs to hit 26.5/27 to get top witch for the demi. Layout doesn't do much except shave off like 30s of racing time that can also be achieved by just relogging and clearing the other side from the start of the area, primarily in Halls 1-3 where you can do that easily.

Get your facts straight before you spout nonsense please. The only time maphack is going to be remotely useful to any racer in particular is in the regular races, and even then the paths are pretty much standard and streamline, and it all boils down to blue packs/pack size again. Maybe you should start poking around those races to find out who's been really maphacking.
IGN: DogeBerlin [Torment]
My Torment Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1127155
Torment Atziri Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1142958
Season 8 Race #17
Season 9 Race #4
"
Mivo wrote:

edit: I also wanted to say thanks for prioritizing QA more. I think this is a sound and important call. Thanks for that.

^that.
too often companies deploy updates without proper QA, which result in bugs. it's not the case with GGG and PoE, and i want to stress out that it's a much appreciated practice.
"
w0wsuchdoge wrote:

Get your facts straight before you spout nonsense please. The only time maphack is going to be remotely useful to any racer in particular is in the regular races, and even then the paths are pretty much standard and streamline, and it all boils down to blue packs/pack size again. Maybe you should start poking around those races to find out who's been really maphacking.

This is not accurate.

Maphacking, as an ability to see locations of mobs (particularly blue packs), is a significant advantage in most races. This is especially true when going for a record run where you must be very efficient with your time.

Maphacking, where the layout/pathing is revealed has always been very useful in normal races. Just take a look at the "fixed-seed" race results. Even if certain zones are streamlined, it still takes a bit of time to figure out the right way to go. Take Sins1 for example. This is an easy area to farm/navigate, but finding the stairs first when you would prefer to kill one of the guaranteed blue packs will lose you time. Also, these areas sometimes have one of the two doorways blocked off causing you to lose time running back the same way. A revealed map eliminates most of these problems. Little things like these add up over a whole race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info