1.2.3 Timeline and Other News

Nice.
Fly you fools.
Damn, was looking forward to the patch this week... :(
IGN Ken__Kaniff
This sounds grand and I'm looking forward to it. Thank all you wonderful guys/gals who have put the entire gaming system together. My mind boggles at what you've accomplished. Your player base tends to whine now and then. This is to be expected. You simply cannot expect to please everyone. I can see the constant effort being put in here to make the game better and more balanced. I approve and so do the majority of players. Keep up the good work and thank you for all the hours of wonderful game time. Even when I'm hopping up and down screaming I still love it!
"
Halezor wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
I love how GGG just blatantly ignores the issues pointed out in the other thread.

Something about a deeper hole and continuing to dig comes to mind every time I read a post from GGG these days.

There's a difference between "ignoring issues" and "not seeing something as an issue". The latter is the case most times, I would wager, and rightfully so.

I am going to side with the developers over a varied (and sometimes whiny) player base in terms of balance, mechanics, nerfs, drop rates, etc. Just sayin'.

First not talking about balance and such, but many of the fatal bugs like desync, where they have acknowledged it a long time ago, yet just ignore the fact that it is a major problem form many and even worse continually add more things that make it even worse.

It is not whining it is wanting PoE to succeed!

Hell, I can't say it as good as Mivo did in the other thread so here...

"
Mivo wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:

When it's out and you see bugs and flaws, dont hold back on reporting the issues, but now already?

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

It's like this with everything:

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
+1,000,000 for Mivo

As for whether or not this news flash deserves a +1 we'll see. Something in the back of my mind is telling me the QA department is going to miss every single point in Mivo's post.......with any luck the new crap stays with Haku and then as players we can choose if we ignore it or if by some magic combination in tech land we can run it without issue on our rigs.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Mivo is absolutely right. GGG does good work in adding more stuff to the game but really bad work in adding stuff that does NOT make the game more unplayable than before. There should be some kind of poll for the issues Mivo addresses so the developers can actually SEE what really troubles the people playing this game.

PS sorry for sucky english :>
"
Brainbutcher wrote:
Mivo is absolutely right. GGG does good work in adding more stuff to the game but really bad work in adding stuff that does NOT make the game more unplayable than before. There should be some kind of poll for the issues Mivo addresses so the developers can actually SEE what really troubles the people playing this game.

PS sorry for sucky english :>

damn... for English as a second language you are tops. Good job on grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. No apologies were necessary. Your post is great.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
In order to give our Quality Assurance department enough time with Content Update 1.2.3, we've pushed its deployment back to Monday

Take a month. Rethink overall design directions.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
123 Sodapoppin
Thanks for being a great communicator and keeping everyone informed. I am looking forward to the next patch and am getting all my gaming friends to register and play. Keep up the amazing work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info