Any way to check map mods on Zanas daily before entering?

With time limits, I think Zana missions would be sufficiently challenging even if you knew the mods beforehand.
Zana dailies are only really dangerous when day opens a unique map like olmec's sanctum. Reflect and fracturing sea witches are not dangerous mods if you have a good build and decent gear.
"

I do play HC. Not that it makes a difference. There has to be a challenge, yes, and something that can actually still get players killed, in part any game is not just about the "congratulations, you won!" screen but also about the "game over!" screen.

Shagsbeard is right.

I was pretty excited about master hype. And then i find out i can't possibly get ONE of them to level 8 before the league is over. That can be tweaked though, i'm still glad that GGG added them and made things a little better if you want to go self-found.

Many of the "challenges" in the game are centered around the decidely not- casual player. I was in a level 70 map, yawning my way through it, rogue shows up. 1-shot me before i could even run. so the boss of the map couldn't one-shot me but a random rogue showing up could. that's not even remotely challenging. that's freaking annoying. that's just bad design.

many of the "challenges" are like that. it's basically you die 50 times to figure out what the strategy is, because you die too fast to figure out what's going on, or somewhat often, find out that your build simply can't do that "challenge".

saying that you should run a build that can do "any" mod, means you are doing a build that can do any mod, instead of the one you want to play.

here's an idea, how about a pool of mods that doesn't lock out certain builds ?

"
plasticeyes wrote:
"

I do play HC. Not that it makes a difference. There has to be a challenge, yes, and something that can actually still get players killed, in part any game is not just about the "congratulations, you won!" screen but also about the "game over!" screen.

Shagsbeard is right.

I was pretty excited about master hype. And then i find out i can't possibly get ONE of them to level 8 before the league is over. That can be tweaked though, i'm still glad that GGG added them and made things a little better if you want to go self-found.

Many of the "challenges" in the game are centered around the decidely not- casual player. I was in a level 70 map, yawning my way through it, rogue shows up. 1-shot me before i could even run. so the boss of the map couldn't one-shot me but a random rogue showing up could. that's not even remotely challenging. that's freaking annoying. that's just bad design.

many of the "challenges" are like that. it's basically you die 50 times to figure out what the strategy is, because you die too fast to figure out what's going on, or somewhat often, find out that your build simply can't do that "challenge".

saying that you should run a build that can do "any" mod, means you are doing a build that can do any mod, instead of the one you want to play.

When people asked for endgame, they got atziri, they still complain about not enough endgame. Now we get casual/solo/SF masters and people still complain. Next expansion we get new nice fun stuff and people will as always, complain.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You went wrong when you tried to evaluate me based on your limited experience with life.

I've been playing HC longer than you've been alive. I played computer games HC before we had monitors. "Crystal Cave Adventure". Totally HC. I'm not afraid of dying.

But the game is designed without regard to how HC is played. Too much content is locked out. Players cheat to get by this lock, and don't even realize it. They're actually proud of it. I'm ok with that, but I'm not ok with a game design that requires that you cheat. More and more GGG is requiring that players use equipment that the character using it couldn't possibly have found or made with resources that that character found. That's why I might quit... not out of fear but out of lack of a design philosophy that includes self-found play.

You are afraid of dying big time. You play HC, but only as long as you can plan a 100% safe route. You play without any risk and make a *BIG* step away from risk whenever it occurs.

And equipment that characters can't find? Maybe it's time for you to find some friends, because last time I checked, this is primarily a multiplayer co-op game.
"
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"

Shagsbeard is right.

When people asked for endgame, they got atziri, they still complain about not enough endgame. Now we get casual/solo/SF masters and people still complain. Next expansion we get new nice fun stuff and people will as always, complain.

i didn't ask for atziri, and i don't think atziri was at all a good answer for endgame. really i don't understand why you think it qualifies as "the endgame".

a better answer is being able to maintain high level map pools.

but you're right. people will always complain.

and people will always complain about people complaining.
...popcorn...

On a side note, one of the posters said something about turning off aura's when entering a zana daily because of the BM mod. Does this mean that the BM mod can kill you when you are CI and have all your aura's turned on when entering a map with BM mod?
The dragons begin to speak, yin and yang are commingled
Just enter the map. If by miracle you get that 1% chance of Zana's map mods to be remotely dangerous then just leave the map. Nothing forces you to run the map once you've entered it.
"
Iluvthu wrote:
...popcorn...

On a side note, one of the posters said something about turning off aura's when entering a zana daily because of the BM mod. Does this mean that the BM mod can kill you when you are CI and have all your aura's turned on when entering a map with BM mod?

that was me :)
I know people have died in the past when not being careful with auras and blood magic, so I would rather not find out the hard way :)
That said, I have never seen the blood magic mod on a zana map, so maybe it can't be rolled?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You went wrong when you tried to evaluate me based on your limited experience with life.

I've been playing HC longer than you've been alive. I played computer games HC before we had monitors. "Crystal Cave Adventure". Totally HC. I'm not afraid of dying.

But the game is designed without regard to how HC is played. Too much content is locked out. Players cheat to get by this lock, and don't even realize it. They're actually proud of it. I'm ok with that, but I'm not ok with a game design that requires that you cheat. More and more GGG is requiring that players use equipment that the character using it couldn't possibly have found or made with resources that that character found. That's why I might quit... not out of fear but out of lack of a design philosophy that includes self-found play.

Thanks for sending me on a 30 minute adventure through wikipedia looking at all the great Apogee games I used to play when I was bout yay high.

I feel old now and depressed.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info