Any way to check map mods on Zanas daily before entering?

Is there any way to see what map mods are on Zana's daily map so you can decide what character is best suited to complete? I'm guessing not but figured better to know then keep getting mods that don't work for me.
Lol, why would that be possible? Then its a cakewalk. Look at mods. Switch to char who can do mods. Never die to anything in the entire game. GG
Dirk doesn't play HC.... but that's ok. I'm not a big fan of sending my HC characters into situations where there's even a 5% chance of getting them killed. Certainly not at Zana's level. Too much commitment at that point.

Zana will likely never be level 2 in my account, and certainly never level 8.

GGG has this design philosophy that content should be challenging for everyone. That leaves many players out of the game. It would be like having a football league where pros, novices and kiddies were all mixed together on the same field. Either someone would quit the game, or someone would get seriously hurt.

Getting kind of tired of it, myself.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Dirk doesn't play HC.... but that's ok. I'm not a big fan of sending my HC characters into situations where there's even a 5% chance of getting them killed. Certainly not at Zana's level. Too much commitment at that point.

GGG has this design philosophy that content should be challenging for everyone. That leaves many players out of the game. It would be like having a football league where pros, novices and kiddies were all mixed together on the same field. Either someone would quit the game, or someone would get seriously hurt.

I'm trying to sum up your post:

You play HC because it's challenging.
You don't level Zana because it's so challenging you could die.
So you think about quittingg, because you are afraid of dying playing HC.

Have I interpreted your post correctly? Please correct me if I went wrong somewhere between the lines.
Last edited by Langbogen on Sep 23, 2014, 3:17:08 PM
You went wrong when you tried to evaluate me based on your limited experience with life.

I've been playing HC longer than you've been alive. I played computer games HC before we had monitors. "Crystal Cave Adventure". Totally HC. I'm not afraid of dying.

But the game is designed without regard to how HC is played. Too much content is locked out. Players cheat to get by this lock, and don't even realize it. They're actually proud of it. I'm ok with that, but I'm not ok with a game design that requires that you cheat. More and more GGG is requiring that players use equipment that the character using it couldn't possibly have found or made with resources that that character found. That's why I might quit... not out of fear but out of lack of a design philosophy that includes self-found play.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 23, 2014, 3:37:08 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I do play HC. Not that it makes a difference. There has to be a challenge, yes, and something that can actually still get players killed, in part any game is not just about the "congratulations, you won!" screen but also about the "game over!" screen.
"
Lol, why would that be possible? Then its a cakewalk. Look at mods. Switch to char who can do mods. Never die to anything in the entire game. GG

Because normal maps that you find in the wild show the mods and you can choose which character to run those with. I didn't even suggest that we should be able to reroll the mods Zana offers but with all the RNG in this game I wouldn't think it out of the realm of possibilities. Also I am pretty sure that Zana dallies are not meant to be the most difficult thing in the entire game. I'm pretty sure you would still be dying to other stuff.

Like I said I would guess not but if it's available I'm going to use it.

"
That's why I might quit... not out of fear but out of lack of a design philosophy that includes self-found play.

Don't quit Shags you are one of the few regular posters that I enjoy reading. And for that matter one of the few regular forum posters that I believes plays this game more then posting on forum. I just roll with the punches, yeah I would love to try some end game stuff like Atrizi (sp?) but meh the game is still fun without playing on the part of the field with the pro's.
Does Zana even have any remotely deadly mods on the quest maps? Never seen any.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
Does Zana even have any remotely deadly mods on the quest maps? Never seen any.

Physical + elemental reflect. Seawitches + fracture. Vulnerability + elemental weakness.

Those are the popular hard ones I recall.
never had any problems with the mods on a Zana map so far but the one that worries me is Blood Magic, can Zana maps roll blood magic? I always turn off my auras before entering her maps just in case... that would be a shit way to die :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info