Lunaris Piety fight

The Lunaris Piety fight (and map bosses based on this) feel like they are going in contradictory directions.

First you get up to hear and she makes her speech about killing you herself, and the portals show up, and you can kill the portals. Then you learn that Piety goes into these portals and gets a power up. So pretty quickly you figure out that you can and should kill these portals before Piety gets into them. Seems good and a fun mechanic for a boss fight. Then she teleports in a big area straight into a portal, and this seems at odds with the rest of the fight, and instead of make sure she doesn't change into something scary it just becomes, well I have to tank that something scary now because i can't stop it.

I general I'm not a fan of bosses teleporting, it just feels like a unnecessary addition to a fight, that doesn't really make it harder or more interesting, just more desyncy, and the boss gets to regen ES before you can find it again in larger areas, but it seems to be at odds with the kill the portals aspect of the Piety fight entirely.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agreed... Solo it takes away any strategy that exists in the confrontation.
I didn't even know I'm supposed to kill the portals.
I just rightclick her in whatever form she chooses. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info