Died due to a bug

"
Gobla wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The client lies. Don't trust it.

In Software Development, we call this a bug.

GGG does not.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
It would be a bug, if they wanted their game to be solo. The client/server architecture makes this unavoidable. Learn about it, or quit playing. It's the people who choose "neither" that are always coming here and complaining about stuff they don't understand.
"
mark1030 wrote:
You were blocked by the monsters spawned by the box. They spawned instantly on the server but your client didn't spawn them for a split second so didn't know there was anything blocking your path. Use a quartz flask along with your quicksilver flask next time and you won't have this problem again.

Yes, it's possible, but still why I get blocked? Strongoxes after use still have small delay before monsters appear. I always were using quicksilver flask of adrenaline + my 55% movement from passives and boots givin me around 120%movement speed.
But anyway quartz flask might be good idea. Thanks!

@sanleon
[Removed by Support]

@ventiman
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 24, 2014, 8:16:57 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It would be a bug, if they wanted their game to be solo. The client/server architecture makes this unavoidable. Learn about it, or quit playing. It's the people who choose "neither" that are always coming here and complaining about stuff they don't understand.

I posted first time since I created an account (nov 2012). So gtfo, i'm not complaining, i'm reporting

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 24, 2014, 8:18:53 PM
It has been reported to death since...god early closed beta. Its just the way the architecture is set up like Shagsbeard said. Does it suck yes but its present in all games that are online like this, the difference is how well other companies either cover it up or manage it.

TLDR: Stop beating a dead horse(need to go find that gif thats floating around the forums).
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not a bug. You didn't "move away". You only thought you did.

That's exactly what has happened.

Server has authority over client. So if player clicked 'move here', but the character was stunned at the very moment by a critical hit from a monster, they won't move... That is client will draw the picture as if movement has happened, then recieve an update from server and roll it all back.

This can be called a bug, but since GGG doesn't even think of fixing such issues, it's a feature of this game. Know what you are playing.
Guess what? You would have died in a game like D3 also. Other games just handle it differently. People who play PoE for a long time forget about the advantages of this code. You can use player skill and reactions to avoid bad situations. I could fight old Brutus in melee range and avoid all his melee swings by moving at the right time. That simply will NEVER happen in games like D3. Most games like D3 using a queuing system to...oh nvm.

Dead horse is dead horse. Just google desync vs traditional lag, or desync vs rubberbanding, etc., and educate yourself. It will be informative.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Last edited by Haderach99 on Sep 23, 2014, 3:00:45 PM
"
coyl wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not a bug. You didn't "move away". You only thought you did.

That's exactly what has happened.

Server has authority over client. So if player clicked 'move here', but the character was stunned at the very moment by a critical hit from a monster, they won't move... That is client will draw the picture as if movement has happened, then recieve an update from server and roll it all back.

This can be called a bug, but since GGG doesn't even think of fixing such issues, it's a feature of this game. Know what you are playing.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 23, 2014, 3:18:13 PM
"
olszi wrote:

@sanleon
[Removed by Support]

read it again i think you quoted wrong guy
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 24, 2014, 8:18:25 PM
Pretty absurd behavior from a guy who calls other people "kids" and "braindeads". I agree that some of the people posting in this thread may have been a bit inappropriate but on the other hand your attitude seems pretty cocky and arrogant (for a guy who has had an account here for several years and doesn't know what desync is and how it works). PoE's community is generally better than other games', obviously there are some rotten apples here and there. It is a whole different thing when you come to forums with an attitude, that's when people get trollish/angry/mean.

If you want to be educated on desync, I advice you to read http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669, might shed some light on how it works (or doesn't work lol).
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Sep 23, 2014, 4:58:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info