Died due to a bug

Hi guys, i just died due to a bug. I opened strongbox, used quicksilver, moved away so i barely saw box on screen and then I appeared in middle of all mobs.

Its sad, because it wasnt my fault at all and I decided to not play anymore until this will be repaired.
I'm reporting so you know there is this bug and I think its very know.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not a bug. You didn't "move away". You only thought you did.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Why you ever bother writing such useless post? I know it wasn't lag or fps drop so only bug left. I saw on forum there is something called "desync". Many times I see single monsters which i can't kill and after few seconds they appear far away from me. This is bug and its need to be fixed.

ps. I actually moved, because I appeared in diffrent place than I opened strongox, but still in the middle of monster group.
Last edited by olszi on Sep 23, 2014, 8:12:23 AM
"What are you talking about? Where you came from is gone, where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where you are ain't no good unless you can can get away from it..."

Who knew that Ministry was singing the them song to POE pre release by several years.

PS. Jesus built my hotrod.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

What kind of bullshit you telling him...

If you move your char in your client, he should also move on server.

He ran away in his client, but server didnt do anything. And you saying this is not a bug? What is it? A new mechanic?

That happened to me twice and its very frustrating because of insane mods like ice nova.

Sadly it will be present in game forever so you will need to use smoke mine to open boxes, it works well

You didn't "actually move". Your client told you that you did. Your eyes told you that you did. You believed that you did. But you didn't. If you don't understand that the game you're playing is actually happening in Texas somewhere and what you see on the screen is only a best guess at what's happening, you'll never get over this frustration. Understanding the mechanics of the game is essential to learning to play it.

The client lies. Don't trust it.
You were blocked by the monsters spawned by the box. They spawned instantly on the server but your client didn't spawn them for a split second so didn't know there was anything blocking your path. Use a quartz flask along with your quicksilver flask next time and you won't have this problem again.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
nov 2012 account level 76 sc char never experienced desyc before

does your brother know that you play on his account ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 23, 2014, 10:18:15 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

In Software Development, we call this a bug.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You didn't "actually move". Your client told you that you did. Your eyes told you that you did. You believed that you did. But you didn't. If you don't understand that the game you're playing is actually happening in Texas somewhere and what you see on the screen is only a best guess at what's happening, you'll never get over this frustration. Understanding the mechanics of the game is essential to learning to play it.

I dont know how to play plz halp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info