Just Died Because Lightning Warp Did Not Move Me (BUG REPORT)

The animation went off, by toon did not move. I repeat, the column of light appeared on me, and then appeared where I click away from the monster, but my toon did not move. I was expecting my toon to move so I resumed holding down trigger to fire EK, but toon did not move and volatile iceblood killed me in 1 shot.

And since when does that mod 1 shot you? I used to be able to tank it. I have 75% all resists.

Oh and once again I was at 10% experience. EVERY DAMN TIME. I cannot get past 10% exp, always some bullshit like this happens.

Oh and map drops suck too.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Chances are that you didn't actually cast the spell. You were likely stunned or frozen and your game was out of sync and did not display this. Not a bug, just unfortunate circumstance
It happens even when there are no mobs, you desync'ed

Using an /oos macro will help you
I use Light Warp as my main movement skill and this happens all the time. I think it is micro desynch, you cast the spell and on your end there is no obstacle between you and target but on the other end you might be slightly off hence warp is not resolving. Happens in doorways a lot and in places with obstacles (trees, rocks and such). Moving slightly sideways usually help.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
There's no bug.

You got stunned/frozen while skill was cast, server refused to take an action, though executed the animation on your side.

That's how engine works.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
There's no bug.

You got stunned/frozen while skill was cast, server refused to take an action, though executed the animation on your side.

That's how engine works.

And that's a bug.

A bug is merely a program not working as intended.

Unless you're saying desync is intended of course...
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Xaxarius wrote:
The animation went off, by toon did not move. I repeat, the column of light appeared on me, and then appeared where I click away from the monster, but my toon did not move. I was expecting my toon to move so I resumed holding down trigger to fire EK, but toon did not move

That's just PoE, all movement skills are 'bugged' because the game is 'bugged' it uses a net code and combat design that mean you will pretty much never be in sync and absolutely have to be able to survive a barrage of incoming damage that isn't on your screen or have a chicken macro.

Clear out Canyon map as a good example and use any movement skill to travel from one end to the other, up the middle, you'll see how often the skill will fail, and this is without the added issue of monster stuns and collision.

Of course, it didn't help that they nerfed resists and eHP, but then you are supposed to be in a party with generosity auras filling the top of your screen, max block and spell block and MoM/Coil.

"
Xaxarius wrote:
and volatile iceblood killed me in 1 shot. And since when does that mod 1 shot you? I used to be able to tank it. I have 75% all resists.

Since this..

General Balance Changes:
- Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

1.2.0 Patch notes.

Yes, they upped damage a lot, from all sources in higher maps.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

General Balance Changes:
- Higher level maps are now slightly harder than before.

Yes, they upped damage a lot, from all sources in higher maps.

can confirm got hit by 13k from touch of god. palace dominus

@op.: desync or bug deaths happen every day, you have to deal with it. if you cant handle it, dont play poe, because this game is full of bugs.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
Last edited by danisonxtc on Sep 23, 2014, 7:58:05 AM
"
torturo wrote:
There's no bug.

That's how engine works.

Has nothing to do with stunned/frozen though.
My lightning warp is my main way to move around, and it happens quite often that it just does absolutely nothing several times in a row.

It has to do with desynch though, that part is correct. You are slightly out of synch with the server, and while on your side it looks like you have line of sight with the position you want to lightning warp to, on server side a small obstacle is in the way, preventing you from casting lightning warp.
You can repeatedly cast lightning warp in these situations and absolutely nothing will happen, even though the animation will be shown each time.

It is very annoying and it does cause deaths for sure, nothing we can do about it other than switch to another more reliable movement skill.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 23, 2014, 8:26:21 AM
"
gh0un wrote:
It is very annoying and it does cause deaths for sure, nothing we can do about it other than switch to another more reliable movement skill.

Yeah, like....

uhhm, like.... nope, I'm stuck.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info