Need some suggestion on my 3 totem build

Hi guys,

I need some suggestion to improve my 3 Arc totem + ES build. Currently, I am having problem to run map which is higher than lv68.

I feel that I am lack of survivability and dps. I understand that spell totem will be 50% less damage and thats the reason why I am using 3 totem build.

Change to another build wouldnt be possible since my skill tree is based on Lightning + Extra totem.

-------------------
Stats
Spoiler

Scion
3380 dps/totem (if i replace the Enlighten with added chaos then it would be 3811 dps/totem)
3203 ES w/ Discipline
1818 Life
506 Armour
651 EV

Forgot to mention about mana...basically I only have 360-380 mana left after using discipline/haste and Clarity. Cant remember the mana regen rate but I can case 3 totems (210 mana each) in 2-4 seconds...So i think I am lack of mana as well.

-------------------

My current gears
I think I need to find a better gloves, rings, amulet and belt. Which one is the priority?
Spoiler

-------------------
Flask
Spoiler

-------------------
My Skill Tree
As I am lv80 now, I think the max i can get in the next 2 months is to lv90 which is 10 more points. I should spend them on ES or totem node?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcFWwhnDY0QWBDMEQ8YPBo4HNwfAh_HIcMi9CSqJ-0pTyoTK3gsnCynLYstqDI0Nuk8LT0PQYdEq0ZxRtdVrlfhWfNaK13GXsBfKmBtZp5sC20ZdFV2EXsgfVN99X5Zfq9_xoIQgpuDCYhai4yNGY-mkFWQ1pMnkzqgQqPyp4SsmKyqsZC0DLaGtz631r0nwBrDE8QVxPbGrsy31XXXz9lf21ndjN3z37DgEuFz42rk7Ovk7DjtIO-I8s75N_ll-ej60v6H

-------------------

Spares gears/gems
Spoiler

I am thinking to use vaal summon skeletons to extract enemy attention so the totem can survive longer. Or may be use spell totem + Frost Wall to push back the enemy a bit but the down side is the dps will be even lower (1 less Arc totem).

Spoiler

If I use these two than I can get 410-480 extra dps but approx 100-200 ES less
Spoiler

-------------------

P.S. I have 3ex on hand for buying new gear which is better than the one I am having. Drop me a pm if you have any gear for sale. (gloves, rings, amulet and belt that is for ES + mana) :P

Thanks for the help.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Sep 22, 2014, 7:32:53 PM
Here is a tree for a dual flame totem based on yours. The damage would be a huge upgrade over the 3 arc totems. Also get a cloak of defiance for a big defensive upgrade.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAABAcFWwhnDY0QWBDMGDwaOBzcHwIfxyHDIvQkqiftKU8qEyt4LJwspy2LLagyNDbpPC09D0GHRKtGcUbXVa5X4VnzWitdxl7AXypgbWaebAttGXRVeyB9U331fll_xoIQgpuDCYhai4yPppBVkNaTJ5M6oEKj8qeErJisqrGQtAy2hrc-t9a9J8AawxPEFcT2xq7Xz9tZ3fPfsOFz42rr5Ow47SDviPk3-WX56PrS_ofUfOdqeubsVSqNSRs22PFsh2Wvtw==
Thanks for the reply but redo it to go flame totem is a bit too much as I dont have any refund point (3 left) so redo it is not an option as for now.

=================================

Is there any way to keep the Arc output high? I mean it said I can do 3300dps but the fact is that it wont be dealing 3300 at all time so i just wondering is there anything that can improve the output? put in increase crit chance?
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Sep 23, 2014, 5:16:32 AM
Personally this is what i would do:

Get rid of haste and put in herald of ice for some cc and probably change to elemental weakness instead of conductivity
Get rid of rejuvenation totem and put in lightning warp + faster casting + reduced duration for escape to a safe distance, recast totems
Remove enlighten and put in added chaos in chest for a bit more damage

In the long term if you want more survivability you could like the other person said get a cloak of defiance

"
Exorcist901 wrote:
Thanks for the reply but redo it to go flame totem is a bit too much as I dont have any refund point (3 left) so redo it is not an option as for now.

=================================

Is there any way to keep the Arc output high? I mean it said I can do 3300dps but the fact is that it wont be dealing 3300 at all time so i just wondering is there anything that can improve the output? put in increase crit chance?

I didn't count how many regrets you would need, but seems like it's around 20-25 max which is about 0.5 exalts.

Seems like it would cost more to get crit chance, because getting 3-4 points of it won't fix the build. Personally I think 3.3k dps is low even with shock, I get 3.3k on my flame totem build which gets multiplied by 5 from GMP.

The currency in Standard is corrupted...people only willing to sell 12-15 Regret for 1ex...By this ratio I will need 2-3ex to rebuild the skill.

-----

With the spares gears + added Chaos. I can get it to 4.6k...but I think it is still consider as low dps.
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Sep 23, 2014, 9:05:05 AM
Looking at the tree I posted and yours, I calculate that you would need 11 regrets. Need 6 to get out of the lightning nodes at the very top, 2 for the lightning damage ones right above the witch and 3 for the lightning damage by the templar.

If you really want to stick with lightning damage, I am not sure how much damage the totems would have to do for higher maps. I know with 3.3k flame totem dps some of the higher bosses still take a bit of time to go down and that's with flame totem shotgunning for 3.3k x5 = 16.5k with fire penetration.
Last edited by vaskov17 on Sep 23, 2014, 11:33:51 AM
!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info