Pet's gone missing after setting it free in hideout for some time

Hi there,

I set two pets free in my hideout and one day they both went missing.

I searched the forum and found out that some people had that problem after changing their hideout in some way (location, size).
While I did nothing of that sort, I was able to retrieve one of the two pets (little weta pet) by following the suggested solution of buying decorations.
It just reappeared in the hideout, running around.

The second pet (silver kiwi pet) is still missing though. Buying more decorations didn't help here.
The pet is not in the stash of the hideout, not in the microtransaction stash and not in the hideout itself.

Would be great to have the little guy back - missing him somehow ;)

all the best,
knikker
Your best bet is to email support at the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page and they can look into it directly for you.

The other option is to make a post in the "Bugs" forum and the devs check those as well.
"
knikker wrote:
Hi there,

I set two pets free in my hideout and one day they both went missing.

I searched the forum and found out that some people had that problem after changing their hideout in some way (location, size).
While I did nothing of that sort, I was able to retrieve one of the two pets (little weta pet) by following the suggested solution of buying decorations.
It just reappeared in the hideout, running around.

The second pet (silver kiwi pet) is still missing though. Buying more decorations didn't help here.
The pet is not in the stash of the hideout, not in the microtransaction stash and not in the hideout itself.

Would be great to have the little guy back - missing him somehow ;)

all the best,
knikker

The purchasing of a hideout item to make stuff reappear dose not make the pet resume roaming the hideout, it would be sitting in the hideout stash, it's very likely that you just did not see them, they wander off into corners or well out the way, took me 30 minutes to find my weta in the second tier hideout.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hey folks,

it may very well be that the weta pet was there and I just didn't see it for what felt like ages (maybe it got stuck behind some deco). If the usual effect of buying deco is that the pets appear in the hideout stash - I'm not 100% sure about that.

But the silver kiwi remains missing - that's for sure :/

I will follow your suggestion using the direct contact support link and/or the Bug forum, Drakier.

If something comes up I will post it here.

Thanks for your input! :)

All the best, knikker.
Kiwis can be a bit shy and often prefer dark places. Have you checked under your chopped wood pile? He may be hiding under one of your decorations, try moving them to uncover him.
"
Thomas wrote:
Kiwis can be a bit shy and often prefer dark places. Have you checked under your chopped wood pile? He may be hiding under one of your decorations, try moving them to uncover him.

Confirmed.

Patch 1.2.0 = The Sims: Wraeclast Edition

Patch 1.2.2 = Where's Wally
Thanks Thomas,

seems like the kiwi was really hiding beneath some decoration - when I switched to a larger hideout today the little fellow was in the hideout stash along with all the rest.

@dlrr:
"Where's Wally" - you name it XD

anyway - happy to have him back! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info