Currency Discussion

I want to know how everyone on the forums generates currency.

I have a lot of high level characters, but they don't have GG gear because of my lack of money. So what I want to hear about all the ways that people generate currency.

Do you farm bosses and pray for good unique drops?
Do you farm 60-75 bosses like Piety and Dominus for chaos vendor recipes?
Do you farm 75+ maps for regal recipes?
Do you try to craft amazing GG items to sell?

I've noticed that once people are rich, it seems pretty easy to stay rich. Just curious on what some people do to collect all of their orbs and currency. And I'm sure this post will help out a lot of other fellow poor people in this game as well.
Last edited by Saltyy on Sep 22, 2014, 4:41:41 PM
I'm poor in wealth, but rich in entertainment!

I just play, and whatever drops I use if I need it or hoard it if not. I think I have about 60 Chaos, and enough alts/alcs to roll maps. Mostly my RNG sucks, but yesterday (home sick from work) I had the best RNG streak of my life, Gorge maps dropping everywhere, Necropolis Maps, had a Shrine drop... was brilliant.

I play POE to play, not to count my orbs or compare myself to other players. I still lust after a Shavs drop, or a mirror drop - but only because I want to play some low life crit dagger builds before they (eventually) get nerfed to shit :)

So, in answer to your questions:

No I don't farm bosses outside of helping people with them.
No I don't bother with the Chaos vendor recipe unless I get a whole set in one run.
No I don't farm maps for regals.
No I don't bother crafting.

Will I ever get rich? Hell no. Do I enjoy my playstyle? Yep!
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Sep 22, 2014, 4:52:29 PM
Don't get me wrong. I definitely enjoy playing the game. I've been playing since closed beta. But at a certain point, I do want really good gear so I can do even more with my characters. The only problem is it cost a lot of money for great gear.
its like IRL, the poor might not be able to buy everything but they always seem to have more fun than the rich.
Not sure.. I think I could have a pretty fun time if I could solo Atziri and what not with some pretty nice gear ;)
Let me tell you the best thing you can do , because farming bosses is sooo boring...

Start a new summoner ( if you got one its better ) Get 2 andvarious or 2 decent gold rings and start mfing low level maps. That way the game is not frustrating farm ( if you enjoy the summoner playstyle ) and you gonna have more drops.

I suggested summoner because he is the easiest and cheapest MF
And do not go raging spirits on this , get zombie - spectre coz it is easier to handle
"
Saltyy wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I definitely enjoy playing the game. I've been playing since closed beta. But at a certain point, I do want really good gear so I can do even more with my characters. The only problem is it cost a lot of money for great gear.

Didn't mean to imply that you aren't having fun, sorry :)

I guess the best thing about the Temporary leagues is that your currency and gear gets dumped back to Standard/Harcore at the end of it. It's actually quite a good saving scheme.

Once this league finishes, I should be about halfway towards buying some decent Lowlife gear in Standard, as long as I don't go on a massive spending or rolling spree (which will probably happen when I start collecting the Challenge Uniques). I don't think I will ever get to go OP as shit in a temp league though :(

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I'm poor in wealth, but rich in entertainment!

I just play, and whatever drops I use if I need it or hoard it if not. I think I have about 60 Chaos, and enough alts/alcs to roll maps. Mostly my RNG sucks, but yesterday (home sick from work) I had the best RNG streak of my life, Gorge maps dropping everywhere, Necropolis Maps, had a Shrine drop... was brilliant.

I play POE to play, not to count my orbs or compare myself to other players. I still lust after a Shavs drop, or a mirror drop - but only because I want to play some low life crit dagger builds before they (eventually) get nerfed to shit :)

So, in answer to your questions:

No I don't farm bosses outside of helping people with them.
No I don't bother with the Chaos vendor recipe unless I get a whole set in one run.
No I don't farm maps for regals.
No I don't bother crafting.

Will I ever get rich? Hell no. Do I enjoy my playstyle? Yep!

I feel the same way however i do all the things you say you do not. just part of what i do in game really nothing special, use all the stratagys and tacktics you can i say. As long as it is fun to you.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
1:be a famous streamer get loot from viewer
4:farm something repeatedly for chaos recipe n unique
7:buy a bulk of currency flip
8:buy lots of stash tabs n dumpn sell any items.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by choopk1993 on Sep 22, 2014, 11:34:40 PM
I'm not rich; I get the random good drop, the more consistent chaos recipe, and I am either leveling random characters or doing low-to-mid level maps. That said, you can get perfectly serviceable gear for quite cheap, for example:

Gear

This is the gear on my current main character; I found the Belly (but it's only worth a few chaos), got the bow for 15c, and the other gear was either found or less than 3c per piece. Total (including master craft costs) was less than 45c (which you can make fairly quickly by grinding out the chaos recipe - it was a good chunk of my saved wealth from my previous character). I have capped resists, 74 chaos resist, 10k single target, 3.5k AoE. Godly? No. Perfectly good at clearing 74 maps on a level 75 character? Yes.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info