Petition to GGG: Overall Game Performance

"
jdilly23 wrote:
+1 absolutely.

I would be thrilled if they announced that they were stopping updates entirely to rewrite things.

No new content, no new mtxs, no new anything. Id even buy a "Stop fucking around and fix the game" supporter pack.

+1
Agreee fully with OP. There is a general lack of effort (or should I say completely put on ignore) on the graphics optimization, interface polishing (trading, guild managment, party managment, minimap...) & desync. I actually dont remember when was the last time I saw a major technical improvement... Its all just content & MTX.

Regarding the graphics engine, what will happen is: the engine is ageing and not top notch quality to begin with. To compensate & attract new customers, GGG will throw on more graphical candy effects - the same effects that cause major FPS slowdowns. Thus even if the playerbase will get better hardware, the performance will at best stay the same.

The only sensible thing to do for longterm survival, is to port the game on some professional engine. Depends tho on how many years GGG plans to actually keep the game running. (certainly not for "10 acts", thats for sure)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Hell yes.

It is time to upgrade game performance not our pcs. I can run guild wars 2, diablo 3, or any game with decent graphics just fine. PoE crashes, lags and desyncs.

The game is the best, but the performance and optimization is just compromitizing.

The white knights need to shut up, desync is not "an additional layer of difficulty", nor the problem is with our pcs.

The fact that the game is free is also not any real argument. Nothing is free. Running the game and developing it costs money any many potentional dollars are not flowing because of these issues.
Last edited by apoapo1235 on Sep 22, 2014, 6:51:50 PM
The unfortunate truth is they have to do both. New content helps to pay the bills. Without it, development would stop because of lost revenue and the team working solely on the engine would lose their jobs because no one works for free. I personally have no issues with desync and they might lose my support if they freeze new content for a few years. I don't think I'm alone.

On top of that, the assumption that the existing team members have the expertise to effectively do what you want is very presumptuous. To enact your plan, they may have to lay off the people who can't effectively work on the engine else they risk breaking the engine more or paying for resources that otherwise would be focused on new content, which you want to stop.

Bottom line. Some people have serious issues. GGG should do their best to resolve what they can. Their current business model works and allows them to continue. Doing what you suggest may very well kill the game we love. MTX and new content pay the bills.

I'm not asking people to be business minded in their ideas, but at least accept that GGG must be or this game dies.
"
Nubatron wrote:
The unfortunate truth is they have to do both. New content helps to pay the bills. Without it, development would stop because of lost revenue and the team working solely on the engine would lose their jobs because no one works for free. I personally have no issues with desync and they might lose my support if they freeze new content for a few years. I don't think I'm alone.

On top of that, the assumption that the existing team members have the expertise to effectively do what you want is very presumptuous. To enact your plan, they may have to lay off the people who can't effectively work on the engine else they risk breaking the engine more or paying for resources that otherwise would be focused on new content, which you want to stop.

Bottom line. Some people have serious issues. GGG should do their best to resolve what they can. Their current business model works and allows them to continue. Doing what you suggest may very well kill the game we love. MTX and new content pay the bills.

I'm not asking people to be business minded in their ideas, but at least accept that GGG must be or this game dies.

And this is exactly right, but you have to ask GGG why they will introduce content that makes the current problems worse.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
Nubatron wrote:

I agree partially with what you are saying g. I've worked for 2 startup companies. One of which went out of business and one which was purchased for 100 million dollars.

The company that was purchased took a huge risk early on and did a complete 180 on our business model. Within weeks it was easy to see we had made the right decision. Our employees felt more excited about their work and our investors were very excited about our direction.

The company that went out of business had a great vision but failed on execution. When things didn't work, they just kept at it without ever adjusting the business model.

I agree with your sentiment. But GGG could easily go take out a 1-2 million dollar loan to pay some new server and engine contractors or permanent devs. They would pay that loan back in literally no time with the massive increase in playerbase that a de sync free game would bring.

Can you imagine if you could do builds not based on desync?
"
[
get a better PC and stop crying.

Take the fanboi blinders off.
The ridiculous desync he refers to is not fixed with an upgrade on our end.
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

And this is exactly right, but you have to ask GGG why they will introduce content that makes the current problems worse.

This. I understand that GGG is a business. I'm not an idiot.

But why do they keep ignoring it and implementing things that only exacerbate the problem.
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Some of us don't have much of a problem and the content people complain, I love. I roll strong boxes for rogue exiles...supposedly one the 'load on the fly' nightmares. Never a problem for me. I loved that change. But it also wrecks other people.

In recent memory, I have experienced a desync based death. It was on second round of bosses in atziri and I found out later that I was experiencing issues that were self inflicted. I'm not saying desync does not exist, it does. It is a natural side effect of the model they have chosen to combat exploits. I applaud them for trying. D2 was a hack nightmare.

Ultimately, they have a broad customer base and I like the new content. Yes, even the Haku missions which might as well be a hot knife being shoved into the eye of people who already have a problem. Who should they cater to if they have to choose because on side will be unhappy....

Perhaps it would be more beneficial in finding a way to get their vacant slot filled to work on the engine?
I should stop posting on phone. Damn touch screens are not made for man sized thumbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info