Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 4: Multi-aura Blood Magic Summoner

"
gilrad wrote:
I like how Chris specifically avoided dark areas in this low-life build that doesn't have Arcane Vision. Like, it wasn't even mentioned at all in the video. That's totally an honest way to showcase a build with a major quality-of-life flaw.

You do realize that it's two points away right? Or that you can follow a build guide but actually change things to your personal preference right? People will find anything to complain about these days.
"
Shimaran wrote:
Could we have any really interesting build for "poor" players ? Those who can't play 12 hours a day and don't want to trade ?

Sadly, I wouldn't count on it. Plus, most responses have ignored the "don't want to trade" aspect of your comment.
Last edited by ghymini on Sep 22, 2014, 11:41:09 PM
Well I guess I get confirmation that this kind of build would work reasonably well if I ever actually make one.

My planned skill tree (suggestions on changes would be nice): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZfRgRUCL07Ipr2zW5bAunKw2NHNx_xpMnyT1-WcHFtAy_l-wY6rpGcfIecLuP-g184YiDCdkT8NVXyR2qb54vb0lRKPr-ScpKgsfr7sM6-ejT-7iTm7VBh6h9E2ynCBmKtz5akQZJj0bZC52u-wnGrv4KaqwdFJuhKpgabPbaHKfYvfrSSOf31_qApqwajxjXNZJmnhcvzLyESIhAU6W18nFNZOeG0UQEqsRca5AzqW6az1XWJLAQl4Vgw214DUNjgKRNuVivtzE26Fj1OlKdxA48QqMUcScL37-DtiW8DH0Qf8ae

Planned gear:

Currently making a max block variation of this (without the minions) so I can get more use out of my favorite shield though (again suggestions would be nice): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSArDcHzQktciqKjhcV_xt--HNzBxZMn7Bi0DHC76rpGcdkTDXzhiIMJL29XyR2qb54o-spKgsdRTMM6-egMfaxHm7VBhxB_GYq3Psae-wnGrvbaHKc8LRqPGNdfysT2U6Xd0enVJ-1eHwz3rKpyqVnz9zLAGuoYZp6QVfjr-tJxTRRxFy9-4prPDjzfv2TnhtGAVqmVQ2M6UkKjn8slvFXWJLBPfbcxNugnC4CkUWBY9WSjg7adxBpVecBhIQY5hO_u2V4T3B0byMOGQzHnkbZBrK9OKiml

I don't actually use any of this gear since I'm only at level 55 but with grace and discipline up (haven't even spec'd into blood magic yet) my defences are pretty good.
"
Shimaran wrote:
Could we have any really interesting build for "poor" players ? Those who can't play 12 hours a day and don't want to trade ?
<----this

im a casual player and will never get items and currency this dood has
"
im a casual player and will never get items and currency this dood has

I'm casual player, play self found and have better gear, it's enough if you will not sheeply follow temp league routine, temp leagues are for no-lifers and traders.

And I expressed my opinion about this build 3 weeks ago: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959/page/11#p8677967

"Interesting, with how many deaths. Per map... with shitty ES, no regen, no stun immunity etc."

So Chris, don't show video playing this build on Arcade Rampage, show how it's played on Beyond Maze :)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
This build is as softcore a build as you can find one. This should be mentioned in the video. It is not in any way a resemblance of the old aura snapshooting days, where this character would have had 4-5x the amount of energy shield, would have had mana, and a lot more auras.

I like the removal of snapshooting, that's not what I am aiming for here.

I just think it is not a really good build to showcase, because it is very expensive to make, and very niché.

Anyways, keep it up Chris!
What were the actual changes to summoners in FM you speak of? 10% to spectres? LoL.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"

Dude there is no weak or strong build, all the builds are balance thats why this game is so good.

No.
IGN: Laubblaeser
"
Shimaran wrote:

I don't get it, to be honest. Sure, if you only play solo for 1 hour a week without any kind of trading, it will take you some considerable amount of time to build this one.

If you play a little bit more and are not afraid of trading a little bit for needed uniques:

Midnight bargain ~ 5c
Solaris Lorica ~1c
Crest of Perandus ~1c
Saffells Frame ~1c
Sidhebreath ~ 2 Alts
Bones of Ullr ~ 1 fuse

All of the other rares can be self-found and/or bought for a few chaos.

(All prices researched for on Rampage league, without sockets and links of course. Since no higher links than 4 are required, this is going to be very cheap.)

Corrupted versions of the items (sidhebreath and bones of ullr) will be much more costly, but I don't think those versions are needed for the build to work. (15 % minion dmg and cannot be knocked back... very gamebreaking, indeed)

So where exactly isn't this build a very cheap one, if it indeed works as well as Chris stated? (Which we have to believe right now, since we can't find any other empirical evidence on it, else than his video and the build guide.)
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
What were the actual changes to summoners in FM you speak of? 10% to spectres? LoL.

Zombies (13 % more life) and spectres (10% reduction of all penalties) got buffed.

Why isn't this good for summoners?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info