More Events (Rare) - Mo RNG - More Theming

As you work your way through a zone, what kind of rare and unique event would you like to come across?

If areas had no randomness, if items had no randomness... they'd be pretty boring. I find GGG has done a great job with random item and events so far... I love strong boxes, etc, etc... I'm just asking for more, harder, and deeper. (That's what she said?)

More, Harder, Deeper
- Master Ultra Quests (E.g. Eleron continued heavier waves of monsters for 15 mins (intentionally difficult for medicore parties), rare quest varient)
- Regular Inner Treasure (make slightly more common than current, monster leaves gold coin trail or foot-prints, some small nearby decorations (More fun, since you're probably going to be swallowing a crappy unqiue anyway))
- Inner Treasure Pack/Camp ( Rare version of Inner Treasure with a guaranteed higher drop rarity form the unique table (say tier 1 common uniques get re-rolled to tier 2), requiring the conquering of multiple packs, rares, and a boss, with a camp & decorations for )
- Special Large chest pack/camp - guarded by a camp of multiple mobs, rares, and boss (No unqiue item guarantee, more common variantion to the Inner Treasure Pack/Camp, place in Catacombs and etc)

Event where you fight monsters in zones like what would regularly be the standard towns (imagine Coming to town, from city of sarn, but instead of entering the real town you actually come accrossed an invaded zone seemingly like the town. After saving the day you get a tp or similar to the real town.)

... and just more event in general, especially in the "camp" style (come upon a camp of smugglers/rouges/caravan/invading demons, with thematic textures and decorations otherwise foreign, making this event have a different feel to the regular zone )

The real key idea is more events, including deeper ones, and with more thematic event recognition. "Well that doesn't happen every time."

Event Recognition & Theming

1) People need to know that they are experiencing a unique event
1.a) Show an item in the map mod area
1.b) Show a popup message like achievements
1.b.i) ... for events that only occur within a smaller area such as a pack/camp, as approaching

2) Events should have thematic decorations to help deepen the feel

3) Events are zone inclusions that occur less than 100% of the time.

So if there are guest mobs (invasion), such as devourers, where they do not normally belong, have some extra devourer tunnels already placed, and other thematic items, plus the above. Why are they here? Did magic draw them in? Or some yummy sheep? More theming to the event. But make this occur only 30% of the time or less. If devourers are just now also always here, then it isn't an event!

Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Sep 26, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If Beyond demons where to be converted into an event, then the zone could have slightly modified lighting (reddish), and demonic meteor or rift decorations.

Rampage as an event might just be a rare shrine, giving an aura which unlocks the effect to all nearby players?
"
As you work your way through a zone, what kind of rare and unique event would you like to come across?

If areas had no randomness, if items had no randomness... they'd be pretty boring. I find GGG has done a great job with random item and events so far... I love strong boxes, etc, etc... I'm just asking for more, harder, and deeper. (That's what she said?)

More, Harder, Deeper
- Master Ultra Quests (E.g. Eleron continued heavier waves of monsters for 15 mins (intentionally difficult for medicore parties), rare quest varient)
- Regular Inner Treasure (make slightly more common than current, monster leaves gold coin trail or foot-prints, some small nearby decorations (More fun, since you're probably going to be swallowing a crappy unqiue anyway))
- Inner Treasure Pack/Camp ( Rare version of Inner Treasure with a guaranteed higher drop rarity form the unique table (say tier 1 common uniques get re-rolled to tier 2), requiring the conquering of multiple packs, rares, and a boss, with a camp & decorations for )
- Special Large chest pack/camp - guarded by a camp of multiple mobs, rares, and boss (No unqiue item guarantee, more common variantion to the Inner Treasure Pack/Camp, place in Catacombs and etc)

Event where you fight monsters in zones like what would regularly be the standard towns (imagine Coming to town, from city of sarn, but instead of entering the real town you actually come accrossed an invaded zone seemingly like the town. After saving the day you get a tp or similar to the real town.)

... and just more event in general, especially in the "camp" style (come upon a camp of smugglers/rouges/caravan/invading demons, with thematic textures and decorations otherwise foreign, making this event have a different feel to the regular zone )

The real key idea is more events, including deeper ones, and with more thematic event recognition. "Well that doesn't happen every time."

Event Recognition & Theming

1) People need to know that they are experiencing a unique event
1.a) Show an item in the map mod area
1.b) Show a popup message like achievements
1.b.i) ... for events that only occur within a smaller area such as a pack/camp, as approaching

2) Events should have thematic decorations to help deepen the feel

3) Events are zone inclusions that occur less than 100% of the time.

So if there are guest mobs (invasion), such as devourers, where they do not normally belong, have some extra devourer tunnels already placed, and other thematic items, plus the above. Why are they here? Did magic draw them in? Or some yummy sheep? More theming to the event. But make this occur only 30% of the time or less. If devourers are just now also always here, then it isn't an event!

I am absolutely loving all the creativity, you can haz all my +1z. But yea to be honest, it's all these fun new things (strong boxes for example) that make PoE so much more exciting, if we were to compare the way we have things setup now to beta, there would be no contest, though i'll be forever sad that IIQ was removed as a gem and a global affix =
Ign: ChaosCrits
Apparently some error occurred when i attempted to make a text emote out of "= + [ " My apologies for this "double post" the real one is below.
Last edited by Deimos1337 on Sep 26, 2014, 11:19:30 PM
I am absolutely loving all the creativity, you can haz all my +1z. But yea to be honest, it's all these fun new things (strong boxes for example) that make PoE so much more exciting, if we were to compare the way we have things setup now to beta, there would be no contest, though i'll be forever sad that IIQ was removed as a gem and a global affix. But yea, i'm 100% for more fun events with variations to keep things constantly interesting. And inner treasure/wealth mobs could drasticly use a buff now that the "true path of rarity(you can no long achieve 1000% iir with iiq totalled into the equation)" has been removed, players want to see more uniques drop, even though 99.fucking9% of the time they aren't even worth a chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info