THEORY CRAFT FREEZE MINE !

freeze mine is a very under used skill but i think it has potential.
lately i have been doing some theory crafting and came up with a shavronne's low life +3 staff build.

first of all this wouldn't be a cheap build. the main components of the build would be level 4 empower level 21 freeze mine and a +3 staff. the reason for this is to bring a 206 avg damage freeze mine at level 20 to 411 avg damage at level 28. the next thing the extra levels are needed for is added cold damage which goes up from 110 avg damage at level 20 to 222 avg damage at level 28.

another thing that is great with freeze mine is herald of ice which at level 22 add an average of 210 cold damage it is also getting a buff in a later patch.

so with all of the above information the base damage of freeze mine would be 411+222+210 = 843

another reason the extra level are so important is the Frozen effect % at level 20 it is 390%, at level 28 it is 470% this means the freeze effect will be based on 470% of the cold damage the mine deals

passive tree:
155% increased Cold Damage
137% increased Mine Damage
94% increased Elemental Damage
93% increased Trap Damage
16% increased Elemental Damage with Spells
12% increased Area Damage
12% increased Spell Damage

60% increased Freeze Duration on enemies
60% increased Chill Duration on enemies

Mine Damage Penetrates 10% Elemental Resistances
Damage Penetrates 2% Cold Resistance

from the passive damage multipliers you get 519% and from staff you would get about 120%
total of 640%
843 x 640% = 5395
now to take the multipliers gems into account conc effect gives a huge 70& MORE multiplier which works well with the Pain Attunement node which gives 30% MORE multiplier 100% totsl
which make 5395x2 (100%multiplier) = 10790
now to take in to account the frozen effect multiplier 10790 x 470% = 50714.

also i would on a 6l shavs run arc - curse on hit - ele weakness - frost bite - temp chains

gem links on freeze mine:
freeze mine lvl 21 - ele prolife - empower lvl 4 - added cold - cold penetration - ?

build wont be a tank by any means will be an extremely valuable support build :)
surely be able to perma freeze every boss accept atziri who cant even be frozen ;_;

feel free to give me feedback and tell me what u think about this idea :)
bump :)
Welcome to early ambush league. Or was it late domination? Either way, you're a bit late.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
cant really say much about build since i havent done any free builds

but more multipliers are individual multipliers so it will be 1,7*1,3=2,21 total multiplier :)
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
I used freezemine with my firetrap build last league. Dual doryani makes it strong along with some trap nodes I took.

Mines got a small change this league with it moving your character wherever your mouse is(when a mine is used). This indirectly nerfed mine use heavily since it's slower/more annoying to use.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 22, 2014, 6:10:50 PM
can you work elemental equilibrium in somewhere? also for the mine movement thing, can't you just hold Shift to stay still while casting?
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
Antnee wrote:
Welcome to early ambush league. Or was it late domination? Either way, you're a bit late.

What are you going on about ?

"
TheEnforcer wrote:
can you work elemental equilibrium in somewhere? also for the mine movement thing, can't you just hold Shift to stay still while casting?

i will try and work on it buddy , at the moment the tree is in only shadow and witch areas
"
"
Antnee wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/704711/page/1

These were ancient days very very funny times :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
"
Antnee wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/704711/page/1

These were ancient days very very funny times :P

oh i see , yeh it was mad broken back then but now no one at all plays it, i personally think it needs at least a small buff. im going to try and use lots of very good items to try and revive it and give it some attention :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info