Re"rolling"? seriously?!

the time has come when an aspect of this game's community that has bothered me for as long as I've been reading this forum needs to be adressed

namely

YOU DON'T ROLL CHARACTERS IN THIS GAME!!!

how in the hell anybody would confuse starting a new character (cause that's what you do!) with a d&d concept is beyond me

i.e. at least in the better editions of d&d you ROLL dice (4 to be exact) to determine your primary attributes. in PoE you don't roll shit. every level 1 char of a class is exactly the same. no rolls. say it with me. there's no "rerolling" of characters in this game.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
You might be a little to caught up in the literal meaning it had with old RPGs. It has taken on a larger meaning as things have evolved.

Might be easier for you to adapt then change a whole culture over something so trivial. But Grats for trying. :)
Roll a new char, you'll feel better.
Whats going on in this thread?

Spoiler
"

Spoiler

holy rngesus, a space zombie.

on-topic:

rerolling = starting again. that is what it meant for D&D too.
I need more purple titles
"
Ocylix wrote:
"

Spoiler

holy rngesus, a space zombie.

on-topic:

rerolling = starting again. that is what it meant for D&D too.

D&D as in dungeons and dragons i take it. Never played that. its like when people talk about final fantasy stuff, i never know what they mean.
I had a heated discussion about "Take a dump" VS "Leave a dump" with my friend. To me, it is the same shit (punt intended indeed). He will not accept that "Take a dump" is valid since you don't "take" it. Don't know why but this topic just reminded me of that.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
the time has come when an aspect of this game's community that has bothered me for as long as I've been reading this forum needs to be adressed

namely

YOU DON'T ROLL CHARACTERS IN THIS GAME!!!

how in the hell anybody would confuse starting a new character (cause that's what you do!) with a d&d concept is beyond me

i.e. at least in the better editions of d&d you ROLL dice (4 to be exact) to determine your primary attributes. in PoE you don't roll shit. every level 1 char of a class is exactly the same. no rolls. say it with me. there's no "rerolling" of characters in this game.

Semanthics OP .
Yeah lets add more RNG in this Game. :P
"
ariesdante wrote:
I had a heated discussion about "Take a dump" VS "Leave a dump" with my friend. To me, it is the same shit (punt intended indeed). He will not accept that "Take a dump" is valid since you don't "take" it. Don't know why but this topic just reminded me of that.

Ask him what he does with a shower. If he does. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info