summon skelletons

slight suggestion for summon skelly's. they are currently rarely used even by summoners as they pref the srs (do more dmg and such)

altough they work as intended i feeel they are heavely underpowered they are fragile and slow and with their reduced elemental dmg they lack in firepower aswel.

my suggestion on them would be more in the case of making them more variable. like the vaal skelletons.

make the gem produce random skelletons ->chance on skeleton mages collosal skelletons and normal skelletons and even the archers (not the skelleton general ofc)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think the skeletons work just fine, its just that the flavor of the month is on spirits atm. To counter the slow move speed you can always slap on minion speed, i think skeletons are the only minions that are quite slow compared to anything else we can summon.
as i said they probably work as intended that doesn't leave the fact that they are the weakest link (wel not counting animate weapon and guardian spirit but ye ...)
"
Bahizret wrote:
as i said they probably work as intended that doesn't leave the fact that they are the weakest link (wel not counting animate weapon and guardian spirit but ye ...)

I think it might just be a combination of their fragility, limited summoning and cast speed. When you have all the passives, and the pertinant unqiues, you have (at least) 14 skellies, 16 if you get catartina's mod on your gloves. Halve that number and that's the length of time it takes you to summon your army. They're very squishy and die easily, so it's quite difficult to maintain them at full ranks, and still summon raging spirits before there's nothing left to kill. Frankly, even if spirits werne't FOTM, I'd still prefer them because they don't take 8 seconds to summon in their entirety and I can be reasonably sure they'll get damage down before they die.

I don't know if summonging something other than skeleton warriors would help the SS gem. I just think it needs to summon more at a go (or amend some uniques to do the same. I hear Sidhlebreath is looking for something striking about it... ;) or summon them a hell of a lot faster, esp at higher levels.
I'm pretty sure that summoning as many skellies as you can host all in one go liek VSS would be hella Overpowered, but surely there's a middle ground to be had?
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
well summoning them faster would help but they still are on all the downsides.

-50% elemental dmg
low health
low/no armour (can't find anything about it they still state zombies have some)
20 sec duration (not to short or long just its on a short duration in comparrison with zombies and specters)
low base dmg and low attack speed
very slow movement

what advantages do they give yes they can bodyblock but they die if they do that 2 times specially if you go in higher maps its 1 shotted every time.

the way i think with the diversity is that at least they can do dmg from range while stil some going in melee to body block (not that they will do much but at least they now will manage to land a hit)

"
Bahizret wrote:
well summoning them faster would help but they still are on all the downsides.

-50% elemental dmg
low health
low/no armour (can't find anything about it they still state zombies have some)
20 sec duration (not to short or long just its on a short duration in comparrison with zombies and specters)
low base dmg and low attack speed
very slow movement

what advantages do they give yes they can bodyblock but they die if they do that 2 times specially if you go in higher maps its 1 shotted every time.

the way i think with the diversity is that at least they can do dmg from range while stil some going in melee to body block (not that they will do much but at least they now will manage to land a hit)

Theyre the way they are because theyre easy Minion Instability tokens and thats about it. Some meat shields and damage dealers, sure but mostly instability.
yes becous the instability gives you so much ... 33% of max health ... 33% of 2k is so worth it ... -50% elemental dmg also applies to that dmg as far as i know as its part of the gem even with the minion life attached to it it can get up to 70% more so its still way to low to be useable and as far as i know they have to be low life before they explode if they get 1 shotted they don't explode (same with those suicider mobs)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info