Your characters as decoration in hideouts

Hi!

So your hideout is the place for your characters in a league, right? They why cant i see them? :) It would be awesome if the characters in your league would be placable decorations, and i would see them hanging out there, and create their own tent, or place them around the campfire. If i'm playing with my witch, i would see the shadow and the marauder, if i play with the shadow, i would see the witch and the marauder. You would not have to place all your characters, but they would be in your hideout stash.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That would be tricky, since you go to the hideout with 1 of your chars so that char is your avatar, its like your current body you possess.
Dirk, I'm not sure i understand what you mean. You would still only control one character, the character you selected. It's just that you would see your other characters as "items", or "decorations". Obviously, if you log in with a character that is placed in your hideout as a decor, the decoration-avatar would become invisible. That would give the illusion that all your charaters in the league are hanging out in the same hideout, but they are resting while your currently active character does the quests.
It would be cool if it happens, :)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Actually a really good idea. Where do all your characters spend there time when not logged in? And you can only be logged into one character at a time...

Essentially you'd be able to place as a decoration any of your characters from the same league, and the one you are logged in with would be not loaded ("Out adventuring sign".)

For simplicity these could be placed as display cases, or you can go the other route and they would be placeable in a set of poses like the other people that can be placed plus some heroic ones (and MTX ones.)

People might want to fill their hideouts with other interestingly dressed and themed men and women, but that would likely be a separate set of MTX's.

Not sure, but there might be a similar idea for guilds here somewhere, but you'd think that for guild halls you might want some type of additional added guild feature built in?
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Sep 22, 2014, 4:44:33 PM
"
baron_vlk wrote:
Dirk, I'm not sure i understand what you mean. You would still only control one character, the character you selected. It's just that you would see your other characters as "items", or "decorations". Obviously, if you log in with a character that is placed in your hideout as a decor, the decoration-avatar would become invisible. That would give the illusion that all your charaters in the league are hanging out in the same hideout, but they are resting while your currently active character does the quests.

What i meant is, every character of yours you see ingame is your "body", you cant have more than 1 body unless youre a spirit who can possess people. If you had your chars in there as decoration it would break immersion because you had all bodies even the one you currently use there.
This would be great as a MicroTransaction that does one of the following:
a) you see all your characters (not counting your current one) from the same league (unlikely since that would possibly be A LOT of them)
b) see your top X characters (not counting your current one) from the same league
c) see X characters (not counting your current one) from the same league, marked in character selection.

Oh, and DirkAustin, there's nothing immersive about your idea of you being a spirit that uses the "body" of your character as an avatar.
Have fun your way, but don't try to preach it as universal.

I mean, the idea that this is just a game and you impersonate the character is the opposite of immersion... Doh.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Sep 22, 2014, 6:11:03 PM
Nice idea but someone already suggested earlier ;)

I think it's better to have let say, 2 free slots given, while if you need more you can buy them at cash shop. Since the hideout isn't very gigantic, fitting all 20+ characters seems... very crowded.
I like Nurvus's idea.

An MTX for each of your league characters to be allowed to be placed in your hideout. I for one would love to have them either moving about the way the pets can, or stationary and looking like they are ready for battle, kind of the way the Masters are.
Last edited by AlfaTangOh on Sep 23, 2014, 1:14:20 PM
+1

+500 if we can select our chars that way instead of after the login screen.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info