Pls GGG do something about the annoying mob

I talk to a Master on the wild, I enjoy the lore and the voice acting and then... here it is again. An annoying mob coming out to attack while I'm talking.

I don't want to skip the (non-repeating) dialogue, so I just pot until the talk is over. It is annoying and immersion-breaking.

It happened before with the bandits, but the Forsaken Master expansion has made the problem worse.

So, please GGG, either make me invulnerable while talking or interrupt and roll back the dialogue if I'm attacked.

And let me repeat myself: awesome game and awesome work GGG! :)
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lol, what, make you invulnerable? That i bet everyone would love. It has been suggest before to just add a lore book where all lore is being stored in text/sound.
+1 to the idea.

BTW Dirk, he would not be invurnelable after the dialogue ended, so there would be nothing to exploit.
Stop flaming people's posts with unwanted comments.

He would like to immerse in the lore there at that exact time as was intended by GGG by the Forsaken Masters content update.
The idea of an all content lore book is stupid. That's in no way immersive and unnecessary and kills all the fun of hunting down the complete lore of Wraeclast piece by piece.

As many times said and no matter how cliche it is, I say it none the less:The chase is better than the catch!
"
Peterking72 wrote:
<snip>

As many times said and no matter how cliche it is, I say it none the less:The chase is better than the catch!

As someone who legitimately has ADHD, I would like to beg to differ about as hard as a human being can beg.

That aside: A better solution I've heard was to allow us to move around and do stuff while the dialogue plays, so we can tag a monument or master or whatever be it, and still have the luxury to move and defend ourselves as we see fit. (No idea if this feature was in Diablo 1, 2 or 3, so inb4 "ugh, stop making this game more like diablo meh meh hate hate" stop et.) And if we just want to skip through it and not listen, there's still the "Continue" button there at the bottom, or whatever it actually says ._. I don't remember.

Allows those who want to listen to the lore to not be interrupted, and keeps those who don't with the ability to just blaze on through as they did before, and doesn't allow any cheesing mechanics (which would be pretty difficult to pull off, let's be frank)
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Peterking72 wrote:
<snip>

As someone who legitimately has ADHD, I would like to beg to differ about as hard as a human being can beg.

That aside: A better solution I've heard was to allow us to move around and do stuff while the dialogue plays, so we can tag a monument or master or whatever be it, and still have the luxury to move and defend ourselves as we see fit. (No idea if this feature was in Diablo 1, 2 or 3, so inb4 "ugh, stop making this game more like diablo meh meh hate hate" stop et.) And if we just want to skip through it and not listen, there's still the "Continue" button there at the bottom, or whatever it actually says ._. I don't remember.

Allows those who want to listen to the lore to not be interrupted, and keeps those who don't with the ability to just blaze on through as they did before, and doesn't allow any cheesing mechanics (which would be pretty difficult to pull off, let's be frank)

We would need a toggle for that though. I wouldnt want dialogue playing while i kill stuff, would jsut be annoying as hell. Lore book would be perfect. D2 had it and so do many other games.
"
"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Peterking72 wrote:
<snip>

We would need a toggle for that though. I wouldnt want dialogue playing while i kill stuff, would jsut be annoying as hell. Lore book would be perfect. D2 had it and so do many other games.

Covered that...
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info