State of Exile Podcast and New 1.2.3 Screenshots

"
Odoakar wrote:
I ripped yesterday on lvl 85 beyond, because I was standing on top of 10 stormcall stacks, which I didn't see, because on my side I was standing on a clear ground.

I lost my acrobatics ranger at lvl 75 this week to exactly the same thing, I was safe on my screen. Of course I'd just equipped a bunch of newly bought gear too!
I hate doing this, but...

This:

"
Mivo wrote:

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

It's like this with everything:

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?

Your whole game concept is flawless, but I think the time is coming when you need a new game engine.

Have you ever thought about a completly new engine? I know it's not a thing to buy in the nearest supermarket, but really... Will it come once?
- Profession?
- Demon hunter.
- But demons don't exist.
- You're welcome.
Why, out of all things, is adding more nonsense to Haku missions a priority? I don't care even if it is just some intern doing some scripting, it is a complete waste of resources.
Looks like I won't be playing for a day or two after 1.2.3 since I'm sure these beacon things will be completely broken and 1-shotting everyone.
reading about all these "hc players" complaining about hc getting more difficult for their old computers, i think it's about time ggg puts out a recommended min hardware specification for their game and try to optimize new effects so they work fine within this spec.

"
Senius wrote:

Why, out of all things, is adding more nonsense to Haku missions a priority? I don't care even if it is just some intern doing some scripting, it is a complete waste of resources.

same reason as why your post is as well, it's done by guys who have no competence to work on more urgent game aspects.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 22, 2014, 10:15:40 AM
"
l33tus wrote:

Your whole game concept is flawless, but I think the time is coming when you need a new game engine.

but you're aware of the fact ggg pays it's developers from money the make with selling ingame effects? sure, if you are able to donate them some millions of dollars for allocating the needed ressources without getting anything substantial in return for 3-5 years of development, there is a slight chance you convince them.

but even then, it's a big advantage to have your own engine and being independent from other companies' (license) politics. it's always pro and con...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
tl;dr

GGG, seriously, 2 hours of podcast? Please make your interviews in article format like you have done previously, much more concise, interesting, digestible. I mean, sometimes I don't even have two hours a day to play the game.

Nice to see the developers "in person" however.
Last edited by simballine on Sep 22, 2014, 10:17:30 AM
nice
Last edited by liborio92 on Feb 15, 2015, 7:39:33 AM
"
Mivo wrote:

You know why that is? Because any post-release feedback is getting ignored. Just the very addition of something like this, when Haku missions have been a major source of complaints and performance issues, feels like a slap in the face.

* People ask for a weather toggle for a year. It's shot down, and instead more unoptimized weather effects are added.

* People complain about desync, and we get maps with the fleet mod, making mobs desync even worse.

* People report that ground effects cause issues, and GGG responds by adding desecrated ground, an effect that is even more unoptimized than the previous ground effects.

* People complain about on-demand load issues when playing from a HDD, especially with chests, and we get masters. which are loaded in the same inefficient way.

* People complain that their clients crash or lag in maps with the fractured mod. Instead of addressing this, many of Zana's missions now have the fractured mod, with seawitches as a yummy bonus.

* People complain about lockboxes and freeze-ups, and GGG responds by buffing the chest's Ice Nova.

* People report performance issues with Dominus, due to poorly optimized effects, and instead of it getting addressed, Merveil is turned into another lag and desync fest.

* and so forth ...

So, what gives you the impression that complaints and reports after release make any difference whatsoever?

+1
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:

* and so forth ...

+1

Yep, pretty much why I will not buy another supporter pack or even pay any more money into a game where they keep pushing out new things without fixing the very core of the game causing even more problems. I love the game, been here since closed beta, but it is becoming less and less fun even with the new content because the old issues get worse or are just ignored.

The Merveil fight is just stupid, especially if you are trying to make it easier for new players to discover the game. Well in a way maybe they should thank GGG in that case because they can see just how laggy the game can get, early on!

Hell, even a little dialog from GGG on the subject would be nice, but they just ignore it. Most things like desync have not been addressed in a message from them for a long time.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info