Risk vs Reward, what if??

Currently in PoE there is no Risk vs Reward.

Reason why this is so is that; any content that is challenging for lvlX player is faceroll easy content for lvlX+10 player with better gear. Because of that; GGG can not give better rewards to any zones except things like uber-atziri where only the best of best can handle.

This leads to speed running the hardest content you can faceroll to be the most effective way of farming.

What if there were special maps with no map lvl, but adjusted itself based on highest lvl player inside map. It would adjust its difficulty so that it is always damn so hard to run at any lvl.

That kind of maps would be a challenge people would want to take, provided that rewards are worthy of the challenge.

Hard thing about that is adjusting itemlvl. But I am sure GGG can find a way of setting proper itemlvl for these kind of maps.

I really would like some content in PoE that is really challenging but in return more rewarding than speed facerolling content that is easy for me.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Try to have fun with the game the way it is, how's that for a challenge?

Limit yourself to one tab per exile, with no sharing of loot, go in there with a fresh idea and no currency to help your idea along. This will be very challenging, but it will also help you appreciate the game for more than a simple gear up and grind levels routine.
"
ionface wrote:

Limit yourself to one tab per exile, with no sharing of loot, go in there with a fresh idea and no currency to help your idea along. This will be very challenging, but it will also help you appreciate the game for more than a simple gear up and grind levels routine.

What part of rewarding is unclear? Maybe I should have linked some online dictionaries to the OP.

Right now reward part of game is so big of a gamble is that rolling better dice is way inferior to rolling others fast.

Speed clears get boring fast even though they are rewarding.
But so does doing challenging content that does not reward any better than easy ones.

It would be good for the long term health of the game, people would strive for betterment of their builds and personal skill to be able to tackle such contents, which require constant attention and manual skill at the same time.
"
symban wrote:
"
ionface wrote:

What part of rewarding is unclear? Maybe I should have linked some online dictionaries to the OP.

Right now reward part of game is so big of a gamble is that rolling better dice is way inferior to rolling others fast.

Speed clears get boring fast even though they are rewarding.
But so does doing challenging content that does not reward any better than easy ones.

It would be good for the long term health of the game, people would strive for betterment of their builds and personal skill to be able to tackle such contents, which require constant attention and manual skill at the same time.

We dont even have act 4 yet and you talk about risk vs reward? Really?
"

Erm, yes. This game is almost 4 years old, shouldn't the r-v-r be ok by now or must people wait for another 4 years? Cause then they'll never be back...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
"

Erm, yes. This game is almost 4 years old, shouldn't the r-v-r be ok by now or must people wait for another 4 years? Cause then they'll never be back...

Well, im being rewarded more than enough with passive points, items and skill gems. Maps are all about items and those atziri fights are all about getting that 1 unique.
I am glad you feel rewarded enough for just playing the game Dirk, but PoE is built around hard reward as in drops dor many people, not the intrinsic reward you mention. So while I respect the way you play, please do respect the way we play.

That being said clearspeed, IIR, IIQ, ilvl, item drop rates, orb drop rates; there are just too many mechanics that are intended for reward. But reward has no correlation with risk we are taking right now.

I enjoy greater rifts in RoS immensely because of the challenge involved, which is also well rewarding. PoE would really benefit from a similar system where the difficulty can not be outcome by just outleveling it.
"
symban wrote:
I am glad you feel rewarded enough for just playing the game Dirk, but PoE is built around hard reward as in drops dor many people, not the intrinsic reward you mention. So while I respect the way you play, please do respect the way we play.

That being said clearspeed, IIR, IIQ, ilvl, item drop rates, orb drop rates; there are just too many mechanics that are intended for reward. But reward has no correlation with risk we are taking right now.

I enjoy greater rifts in RoS immensely because of the challenge involved, which is also well rewarding. PoE would really benefit from a similar system where the difficulty can not be outcome by just outleveling it.

What risk are you talking about? Doing over 1000000k dps to 1 shot everything? Thats no risk, thats lame dps stacking. If you think its then a risk when someone dies with such a high dps char because they neglected defense stats then so be it, but dont talk about risk vs reward in POE as there is little risk and quite a bit of a reward for running around slaying monsters left and right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info