Where's the Firestorm builds???

Does it just suck? Is every other fire skill better? I really liked the idea of a firestorm build but haven't seen one in ages...

Do you guys think there's a viability to the skill anymore? Was there nerfs since the past year? Do you think it needs to be buffed?

Or shall we say, theorycraft one to make one decently viable (74+ map viable)? :V
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
It's good with Spell Echo now actually. I would make a build with it but I dislike the screen clutter.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Firestorm is skill in beta. The game engine can't handle it.

BTW: CoC/ST/Firestorm is pretty fun. It's a shame GGG won't continue working on broken aspects of the game like Firestorm.
Last edited by beefnuggy on Sep 21, 2014, 9:23:57 PM
Firecluster

Firelag
Not really appealed to me not sure why but none of the above reasons.I suspect it's to do with its random nature at hitting enemies
Last edited by Kavlor on Sep 22, 2014, 10:11:05 AM
It's slow to start dealing damage, so for killing packs quickly it's no better than incinerate. Incinerate also deals better damage, is way easier to scale and does not have dps that is nearly as random as firestorms. Both skills are very similar and incinerate is sadly plain better imo. Firestorm as a skill just does not have enough focus put onto the duration aspect, making it way too average imo.

And as mentioned, it causes insane fps loss, screen clutter and also a lot of audio bugs.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Looks awesome for the first five minutes, then you start feeling like you have a chopper from hell up there stealing all your kills. I just have a thing against skills that come from the sky in an isometric game.
Here is my crit Firestorm Witch from Ambush. Was very fun and viable at high levels (reached 88 quite easily). The skill tree is not yet updated (I tried several times but the site is bugged I believe) but I'll update it ASAP (can't give you the skill tree link now since I'm at work). Enjoy!

http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/the-apocalypse-bringer-firestorm-witch/
GGG fanboy
what is unique for firestorm is the Duration scaling that pretty much means 150% more damage. it isnt perfect for fast single target kills but tanky firestormer with duration nodes and duration gem and fire leech (or dual Cybils) can be extremely potent

in fact this is the very char ill play now as i always wanted to abuse dual cybils damage + healing + block combo..

just to let you know: all duration passives plus lvl 17 inc duration gem = 3.26seconds duration. with maxed gem it should reach 3.5 seconds.

and then you scale it with cast speed. it is one of the strongest scalars available.

what put people off is the damage delay - but this is mostly perception issue

bonus: herald of ice (and in general flat added dmg) gets multiplied by duration just fine..
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 22, 2014, 1:12:14 PM
Firestorm has some of the best scaling in the entire game since you can scale with duration and AoE(so conc effect). It also has many small hits making it excellent with added damage gems and something like cybil's.

Only negative of firestorm is its accuracy so it's unpopular. Also it lags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info