How's endgame?

i still cant maintain maps so quit around 85 as usual. may start a new character.

ez to play sf now with master crafts i only bought one thing this season
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 21, 2014, 8:51:46 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"
do u still have to rely on trading to progress without winning the lottery?

No trading is necessary. Barely traded this whole league and have done great with the new masters and combined with all the new features implemented into the main game(master quests, exiles, strongboxes).

"
are endgame builds just a rotating FotM still or they figure out how to balance it so there's at least a few viable builds.

There is like... 10 FotM builds at any given time. I'm not even sure what the current FotM is exactly. Diversity has been great and it's quite easy to name off 50+ endgame viable builds that are completely different from eachother. Of course there is a lot more but build diversity has not been an issue in a long time.

Just to give an example. The "FotM" builds named in an earlier post I didn't even know they were popular at all.
"
looks like there's daily missions now, are those any fun?

Some are fun, some need improvement. GGG plans to add more master diversity with the next patch this week. There is a huge amount of variations already so they're nice. Zana can be quite fun.

Lol, i dont understand this FOTM thing, never done a build like that. They all seem to much about trading than actually playing the damn thing. I prefer to say monsters so i make my own builds for fun and lulz.
"
ComKiller wrote:
do u still have to rely on trading to progress without winning the lottery?

are endgame builds just a rotating FotM still or they figure out how to balance it so there's at least a few viable builds.

I'm doing fine self-found to level 66 trying out some of the new skill buffs (spark). As the above guy, I think its lame to have to copy a build. Whether a homemade build will be Atziri-capable is another story, but I'm ready/able for maps. If you want specific uniques, you're going to have to trade, its always been that way.

"
ComKiller wrote:
looks like there's daily missions now, are those any fun?

Yes. The missions in general add a lot of diversity. The daily missions give you a chance to focus on certain masters, but I think its even more fun/surprise to find masters in the wild. Same with Ambush boxes. Ambush boxes have made the game 100%+ more fun for me and now they're part of the core. I can't speak for Beyond, but the Rampage mechanic is growing on me. There's more stuff to do (upcoming unique maps and the Hall of Grandmasters too).

"
ComKiller wrote:
Been away for awhile, how is endgame here now?

Do all the maps solid, then try a new build. Why do people bother trying to L100 anyway? Sounds like masochism.
Last edited by simballine on Sep 22, 2014, 10:57:34 AM
"
ry4444n wrote:
we need like; endless dungeon each floor +1 monster level/ maybe random mods each area minus blood magic/ adjust exp curve as needed

I've been saying this since closed beta. Any game like this needs some for of endless challenge dungeon. It would add so much to the game, the pace of lvling, and even end game content.
Endgame is what it is, Maps do help create some diversity, but not enough IMO.

As for the new so called missions, they are far too short, and not exciting. They are very unbalanced, some missions insanely easy, others crazy hard, with no extra reward. The new crafting mods they offer, are ok, but come at the expense of using already needed mod slots, they should have had there own. The vender prices on some of them for orbs, is still head slappingly stupid, really makes you wonder if they even play this game, or even pay attention to it, lol. Then the effect on trading these have had, its pretty massive, because now EVERYONE can make there own very highend items, not godly, but close enough, which was a serious over improvement, and trading rares took a serious hit.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
Endgame is what it is, Maps do help create some diversity, but not enough IMO.

As for the new so called missions, they are far too short, and not exciting. They are very unbalanced, some missions insanely easy, others crazy hard, with no extra reward. The new crafting mods they offer, are ok, but come at the expense of using already needed mod slots, they should have had there own. The vender prices on some of them for orbs, is still head slappingly stupid, really makes you wonder if they even play this game, or even pay attention to it, lol. Then the effect on trading these have had, its pretty massive, because now EVERYONE can make there own very highend items, not godly, but close enough, which was a serious over improvement, and trading rares took a serious hit.

All of those points are GOOD though. You can play the game, farm masters and craft some pretty DECENT rares without trading! Now if you want endgame GG imba Uniques and rares... well you might need to grind and farm for them! Each league and masters adds a new element to each map, back when maps were first introduced there were just the affix/prefix on the map and random mob spawns. Now we have exiles, shrines, chests along with side missions and sometimes maps within maps!

Some things need attunement to make it more interesting though. Currently playing an Ice Spear crit build that just perma freezes everything. Kind of imba and makes it feel like I'm attacking dummies. But thats because of the build I chose.
IGN: InLegendFP
End game is *Much* better. I say that as a solo player who stopped playing months ago out of frustration over the "Group Or Get The F* Out" progression mentality. Now it is alot easier to maintain a low 70's map pool, as well as to dip into the 76-78 maps fairly often. Drop rates seem lower than before, but I am still pulling in decent currency and some nice uniques, so can't complain. Masters were a nice addition also IMO, although my hideout is currently a disaster.
The "end-game" is just as bad as it ever was or ever will be because the concept of ARPG is flawed as fuck and needs to die in a fire. A game where 98% of your performance relies on pure luck and drops and repeating the same content over and over again until you puke.
It needs a new flavour. I have no more motivation to play this.
GGG seems to favour nothing but the 1% of the hardcore gamers that play 10 hours a day.
"
The_Dude wrote:
End game is *Much* better. I say that as a solo player who stopped playing months ago out of frustration over the "Group Or Get The F* Out" progression mentality. Now it is alot easier to maintain a low 70's map pool, as well as to dip into the 76-78 maps fairly often. Drop rates seem lower than before, but I am still pulling in decent currency and some nice uniques, so can't complain. Masters were a nice addition also IMO, although my hideout is currently a disaster.

Dont trash your hideout. :P
"
leopard2lx wrote:
The "end-game" is just as bad as it ever was or ever will be because the concept of ARPG is flawed as fuck and needs to die in a fire. A game where 98% of your performance relies on pure luck and drops and repeating the same content over and over again until you puke.
It needs a new flavour. I have no more motivation to play this.
GGG seems to favour nothing but the 1% of the hardcore gamers that play 10 hours a day.

And here I was thinking they were catering to casual scrubs with all the recent changes :/

Thank you for showing me the light <3
"just for try, for see and for know"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info