Manrauder Facebreaker Attack Speed Build

Right now im breezing through Cruel with my Man-rauder Facebreaker at level 41. Currently dishing out 2.3k dps with with Infernal Blow supported by Faster Attacks + Add Physical Damage, and once I get a 4-link/5-link chest or helmet i'll be adding fire penetration and added fire damage.

Gear
Spoiler

I still need to get a good yellow amulet, but even without it im doing enough damage to one shot every grey and blue I come across and kill yellows in 2-3 hits, all while attacking 2 times per second. That Girdle is really pulling it's weight.

This is what my endgame build will look like, more or less. I'll replace with more resistances if I need them.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFB8uIzPKS72SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3Uj_IvGS5qO0TnqBgn7cT2rKrEFTwtd2JyqcauhGPk8XzZ9zK3PmbZ_gr463q4tHMY1_JFQaquk2z2NL7nYxRxtfJuqqZXguQOPKluPyc64ZAROlJ4DU3jbj2I8YZg0EesWQOWYENWBP6POyhhUp_LYIgyCSi1VanvTpe0XQBAoKy6BS0hYGBLdPF67565dO0GDmP9Ja0J9gPGWK9wu_baE1tk51XWpzAUIFBH

So the first big problem with Facebreaker builds is very little aoe. I figured that if you couldn't punch more than one of them at once, you just need to punch them faster, so I rushed for attack speed nodes in the center and at the bottom after resolute technique, picking up health along the way. The reason I didn't just use Frenzy is because it costs a lot more mana and also does a lot less damage than Infernal Blow overall. I plan on running Haste, Hatred, Clarity and Determination auras once I get all of the mana reserved passives. I still haven't decided if the fire damage passives are really worth it yet, but i've heard good things.

I would love some more opinions on this build, i've fallen in love with the Facebreaker, and I don't think I can go back to a Facebreaker build that doesnt involve attack speed. I am still rather worried how im going to fare in Merciless though.
Last edited by Brotagonist on Feb 6, 2013, 12:31:14 AM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 12:13:51 AM
how about some fire traps ?
or
how about some fire traps ?
or skeles to decoy

sorry for double post!
Last edited by roberthunder on Feb 8, 2013, 9:30:28 PM
Why not take the increased melee damage points at the beginning?
I would drop the auras, you also should work your way to the templar tree for huge survivability bonuses, you can also pick up the two melee damage nodes at the beginning of the marauder tree. Drop the 6% resistances, that point can help get you to the better nodes in the templar tree. I would also drop the individual resist nodes and go for all res and res on your gear. You currently need 16 nodes to collect all the survival nodes in the templar tree (which are huge), so sacrificing auras and those single resists might get you close. you're missing out on 4 armor nodes and like 8 health nodes.
Woops, my mistake I thought you went blood magic, My suggestions are more designed for blood magic, which I believe would work better but I don't know. I myself prefer to have a lot of hp and regen so that skills effectively cost nothing.
question !
did you get all 3 skill points for the bandit quest? or did you help oak?
Last edited by roberthunder on Feb 10, 2013, 2:27:54 PM
Im trying a Manrauder myself, im thinking about not getting Resolute T. and instead try to get increased Burning Damage, If I crit with Infernal Blow & 1 Shot everything then the surrounding enemies should burn, right?
I find it strange that u do 1.3k more damage then myself.

This is my gear:

Spoiler

Here is my skilltree:

As u can see I went a somewhat other way with bloodmagic and will get those nodes at the templar tree.

Any thoughts?

Also I need an AoE attack. Im thinking about or a spelltotem or firetraps. Any way to get a strong firetrap with 3 support gems? As I am limited in my sockets :)

Also I dont get why u dont use a shield. It wont affect ur dps but will increase ur armor heavily and will get u another 3 sockets :)

/edit
Do those firenodes at the bottom left make the 1000dps difference?
Postcount +1
Last edited by iNotSure on Feb 11, 2013, 7:33:06 PM
"
iNotSure wrote:
I find it strange that u do 1.3k more damage then myself.

You have too little physical damage mods. They make a huge difference. You'll want as much bonus physical damage as you can get on your rings and neck.

Also Infernal blow + splash damage works wonders for AoE. You have enough damage early/mid game to instantly gib packs of mobs with ease.
Last edited by Fuuljo on Apr 14, 2013, 8:44:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info