Looking for facetank builds.

Are there any facetank builds that can basically tank? I like the idea of being the first in parties and tanking everything possible, but I don't have a character for this yet.

I've had good success with:

Dual Flame Totem / Dual Searing Bond Fulltank. You can go for a passive tree that looks like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzBg4GoAn2C2EQzBQgFE0UcRUgFm8YkRo4IuIkqicvJ-0o-imlKhMqTSu2LKcs6TWSNuk64TwtPfw_J0GHRZ1H4kp9SsRKyEz_TeNOKlBHU1JVtVhjWOVZ81orW69fP2P9ZIRmnmegbBZuqngNeWiCx4cZh3aMRozPkFWa4J7NogCj8qQ5plenMKeEp5Spbqyqr2y18rc-uJO8n8AawQTDE8T2xYrGrsbY0IHR_di93Q3jauOf6-7vDvAf8kX2SPau-JP46_no-tL8S_zF_gr-jw==

236% max life, nice regen.
YOu run Determination and Grace for an easy 15K armour without flasks and upwards of 30K armour with good gear and a properly rolled armour flask, and even more than that if you use a jade on top of it as well. you can add Souvereignty and the reduced mana node next to blood magic keystone. With normal gear, you can get 7K life easily, and with a Kaom's Heart and other epensive items, 9K life is no problem.

You can alternatively go for a little less life on gear (SIdhebreath, Rainbowstrides, ...) and get more block / spell block on items and the passive tree to net you 6K life and max block / spellblock. In the fulltank version of this, you remove the fire damage nodes and go for more life or more block.

You can alternatively use the 3 resist auras and get a Saffell's Frame for 85 all resist while still maintaining rather high armour.

and, of course, you got 2 totems(QUALITY for tanky totems!) to tank for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info