Crit Multiplier is the most broken thing in the game

yeah you , can. the problem is not build survivability of crit , rather is is surviving the trip to get there.

you opinion held true in closed beta when there werent as many mechanic blocking gems and uniques in the game. but times have changed.

we live in a game with cws and cwdt.

crit builds are very tanky , what they cant really do is one off massive damage spikes which hardcore builds invest 80% of their nodes to prevent.

but those one off damage spikes are far .. far . faaaaaaaaar less common than people hint at.

99.9% of damage can be tanked by a crit build using enduring cry/ immortal call , capped resists a decent hit point pool and a crest of perandus.

its been done.

the only reason why you dont see it in hardcore is because you have to be able tank all of the unreasonable crap this game throws at you even the one offs.

but you can still get to 100 easy with less than 10 deaths on a crit build , and in the grand scheme of things , 10 deaths is nothing compared to he volume of deaths other less damaging .. more tanky builds have.

that being said , i do think it would be worth a shot to nerf the base crit on weapons and see if that helps solve this issue. still being able to get 600% crit multi is a bit much.

never know ... both might need a slight nerf.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 23, 2014, 12:59:24 PM
crit is way op

even a bad crit build is twice as good as a non crit build

last season i played RF arcer with its huge more damage buff

this season i play crit arcer and have twice dps and arc was nerfed 15% and arc is only 5% crit base

i doubt ill ever play another non crit build
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 23, 2014, 1:11:20 PM
+1

Why is the crit multiplier support so good? It's got to be the only gem whose 20% quality actually makes a max level gem 37% more effective. Opee stuff.
Last edited by Thalandor on Sep 23, 2014, 3:14:25 PM
it's fine imo. people complain too much, burning prolif does probably more 1 shots then crit builds and nobody is QQing cause people just go with the flow. uninspiring post.
IGN: Ziggro
"
azraelb wrote:

If you reduce crit mult than 90% of spell builds would be total crap. leaving only flameblast, incinerate and maybe discharge as endgame viable spells.

you have some fair points, but I dont think this part is actually true. My arcer doesnt have any meaningful crit or multi, has 18kdps, obliterates endgame maps of any level. My ek character is flat damage too, no significant crit multi specced or used in gems, gear etc, very low crit chance, has 28k dps and absolutely rapes all maps. I think a lot of spells work well atm with flat damage scaling.

That said, your point about multi and spells still stands, but I think that can be solved by just having enough spell specific multi on the tree that attack builds cant benefit from.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
azraelb wrote:

If you reduce crit mult than 90% of spell builds would be total crap. leaving only flameblast, incinerate and maybe discharge as endgame viable spells.

you have some fair points, but I dont think this part is actually true. My arcer doesnt have any meaningful crit or multi, has 18kdps, obliterates endgame maps of any level. My ek character is flat damage too, no significant crit multi specced or used in gems, gear etc, very low crit chance, has 28k dps and absolutely rapes all maps. I think a lot of spells work well atm with flat damage scaling.

That said, your point about multi and spells still stands, but I think that can be solved by just having enough spell specific multi on the tree that attack builds cant benefit from.

Off topic, but I'm curious because I never bothered to level or buy one; do either of those builds use a max level, or corrupt max+1 Empower?

To your second point, as I've said before: I wonder if there would be benefit to changing the actual base crit multiplier for various weapons/spells. Crit multi from gear or the tree wouldn't have to change, but its efficiency could be fine-tuned on a case by case basis.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Off topic, but I'm curious because I never bothered to level or buy one; do either of those builds use a max level, or corrupt max+1 Empower?

ya both are using a lvl4 empower, but not using it in a +1 gems item, theyre in 6 link chests. The arc could scale higher if I used added lightning but I use added chaos instead because the deeps is more than enough and reflect is on the verge of being terrifying in -max maps as it is.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1035622/page/1

thats the ek build, I think I might have posted the arc build somewhere but I dunno the link, its lost in the witch forums somewhere. Its basically a 1.2 tree version of my guildleader foxtactics old arc ninja cloak build from ambush but using a single sceptre with a shield for more defense, less deeps.

as for the idea of changing base multi, that could work certainly, its not something Id have any problem with seeing introduced.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 23, 2014, 8:30:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info