Sand Spitter, Gravel Eater, Crustacean Sniper, Etc.

These guys have recently started making some new death sounds, and my first impression of them was "obnoxious, stand out like sore thumb, distracting, WTF, sound too human-like or voice-like for a crab, a bit loud, can't take them seriously, trivializes immersion".

I'm guessing that over time I will just get used the sounds and not really care anymore (I'm almost used the monkey death sounds that remind me of Rhoas screeching), but as of now, I find the sounds goofy and distracting.

I'm confident GGG no longer fully embraces "dark and gritty" as an overarching environmental/immersive theme and is fine with adding features that are "cutesy and goofy" and/or trollish. I simply wanted to voice my dislike of these recently added death sounds and imply that I also dislike any and all other cutesy and goofy troll stuff GGG has already put and will later put into PoE.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Sep 20, 2014, 5:33:45 PM
To me it's the opposite: they used to sand like little crab-things you'd expect to find on a beach somewhere, albeit bigger. Now they sound like corrupted monsters. It's more immersive and fitting with the whole theme of Wraeclast.
"
To me it's the opposite: they used to sand like little crab-things you'd expect to find on a beach somewhere, albeit bigger. Now they sound like corrupted monsters. It's more immersive and fitting with the whole theme of Wraeclast.
Thank you for your input. I do think that the recent sounds are likely more "fitting" with the direction Wraeclast has been headed for at least a year now. I am not sure where it started. Maybe it was with Cannibals. At some point, monsters began getting additional death/damage-taken sounds, some of them quite obnoxious. Now, most zones have creatures that make fairly obnoxious sounds. So, the addition to Sand Spitters et. al. should really come as no surprise and is actually consistent with the evolving "theme" of Wraeclast (dark & gritty + troll).

I think I have a personal issue of wanting Wraeclast to convey its tattered and scarred nature in a serious manner at all times. I want to take Wraeclast seriously, as stupid as that is, but Wraeclast frequently does not seem to take itself seriously.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Sep 23, 2014, 12:20:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info