[1.2] Whattoplay_Ares - EK RF lightning coil with 23k dps self buff

Screen shot
Spoiler

without RF

with RF

defense

My choice of gear:
- Lightning coil: beside from having high fire res and high regeneration. We dont have anything to mitigate the damage. Lightning coil is a good choice since we dont have much armor or evasion.
- Alpha 's howl: since we get inner force in order to sustain rf using only purity of fire, we have to use alpha 's howl to get purity of fire lvl 23. With inner force and influence, it puts our fire resistance to 91 instead of 89 using lvl 21 purity of fire on alpha (lvl 23)
- Rise of the phoenix: obvious choice, how can you run rf without one.
- Purity of fire lvl 21: if you dont have one, dont take inner force. Your dps will be lower but not that much (2 3k loss).
Rest of my gear is rare, try to get as much life and cap your resist.
My gear
Spoiler

Passive tree (using atm)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_Ax4PqyaVH0FTNWHim7VVS8M6GYqMNspKLYP7CVBCUUyXBvbaLUesR8SiGo8c3H1bu-N_xipN_rrBxT8niEJKyIIebqrbC7XyqW41kngN2L2-igth_goB3Hlotz7i6sEEQYfGrmEhXz_56BynPC2E76IPDF_E9kz_dO0u_1OlJ-2vbHrvUFD8S8WKYEtsFvAfBS2HGQSzogDEWAJxJ9VodILHDH0Qf8ae458nL-8OvJ_sGHC72RMvb-aBy73-j03jplcxnsQV

Link gem, aura, bandit
Spoiler

- Lightning coil: EK- Spell echo- add fire- faster projectiles- faster casting- life leech(6L)
- Aura: im using hatred, purity of fire, herald of ash, clarity (lvl 8 currently)
- Normal: Oak (kill all); cruel: Oak (kill oak); merciless: kill all
Last edited by VCassiopeiea on Sep 21, 2014, 12:27:24 AM
How do i post imgur link? Someone help please.
This is rather clever, even if RF and EK are at odds with each other (since EK is ranged while RF is in-your-face). I don't know if I've seen anyone run RF with Inner Force before.

The stats on your Rustic Sash are making me drool.

"
VCassiopeiea wrote:
How do i post imgur link? Someone help please.

Just put the BBCode that imgur provides in your post, but make sure the [IMG][/IMG] part is in lower case.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Sep 20, 2014, 11:24:22 AM
The build is lacking single target dps. If bear trap would scale with spell damage, the build would be completed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info