a serious discussion of Haku missions

Only zana and haku gives you decent missions. Other masters missions are just boring because they are way too easy
"
sanleon wrote:
Only zana and haku gives you decent missions. Other masters missions are just boring because they are way too easy

I wonder just how godly-geared you must be, to consider high-level Vagan and Elreon "easy"...
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I think i started to play again 3 weeks ago, and i started from scratch(rampage).

In fact first days of mapping i found a chest i wanted to link, asked a friend to borrow me some currency and i ended up with a non-linked chest and -50 chaos i had to give to him. So as you can imagine my gear is pretty much trash(some pieces have 0% quality even xd)

I have done all masters in lvl75, some a bit more

-Elreon: stay in relic and shot, 4 or 5 skeletons will try to walk towards you and then some necros will appear like if they were the super-heroes. You can close your eyes if you want

-Vagan: i am an archer, so i puncture him and run around him until he dies. If he hits me hard immortal call will trigger for 3secs enough to shot him again and run

However zana map mods are challenging with ele weakness+vulne, you can die very fast. And haku is also nice with unkillable totems, some of them are hard but i use life and quicksilver flask + oos macro and its normally fine

Some hakus are really easy, some are derpy hard. There's no inbetween.

VI
Indeed. Playing exclusively in HC, I am now just avoiding his missions entirely. He is now lvl6 and I got too many close calls from completely wtf missions.
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Sprongley wrote:

You're speaking on two completely opposite sides of the spectrum. What about every build in between? Personally I think Haku is a little imbalanced. My standard character, who is max block mjolner with 6k life, sometimes comes close to dying in those missions so I can just imagine what it would be like for a beyond league who doesn't have the crazy gear.

honestly, if I ever see the bastard standing next to his "cave of wonders" in a HC league - I'll just run past him.
there's no chance in hell I'll ever attempt a Haku mission in HC alone.

@Nubatron, I consider my higher chars a good balance between survivability and DPS. they don't excel in either, but are pretty good overall.
my Puncture Ranger for example, was able to take a couple of EKs from the Jungle Valley spider and live to tell about it. you won't believe me when I tell you how much HP she has - but the build is solid enough to do that, and the gear is good too.

Haku's "rip missions" just seem out of touch with the rest of the Master missions, to me.

@Worldbreaker, thanks man.

"Cave of wonders" - lolz.

I have Haku in my hideout but I make him face the corner like a dunce.
hmm my toon is pretty squishy (4.3k hp bow trapper, 10k evasion, 0 block, 0 armor, acro, rumi's and vaal grace to get some more block and dodge)

and I dont think I had a problem with those missions, almost *ever*.

just run as fast as you can is my mantra. the biggest problem was one time when due to RNG there were 3 unkillable totems in close space and something slowed me down, either desync or pathfinding issue, basically I was stuck for a moment and got down to 33% life or so.

he isnt lvl 6 for me quite yet, but I met him in 74+ maps and it was fine.

it might really be build dependent, vorici missions are the most annoying to my trapper, and catarinas are second worst. vagan is super easy due to my 6 pre-laid traps insta-gibbing him or his dummies, elreon is pretty manageable too since ranged+traps.
tora is cake with any build imo and zana's really vary.
I never failed any of Haku's missions. If you are fail them one after one, it means you failed your build, specifically - your defence.

Elreon and Vorici are much harder, in my opinion. If you're melee, you'll have some problems with Elreon. And if your build dont have controllable enough damage (too much aoe, or too heavy DoTs, etc), you'll fail some of them.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
johnKeys wrote:
after failing yet another, and still being unable to get Haku into town (have all the rest at level 3-5), I think this is beyond me being bad.

Haku missions remind me of a certain Uber Zone in the Median mod for D2. those who played it will know what I'm talking about: "Kingdom Of Shadow".

for those who haven't, it's a zone with invincible (non-targetable) fast zombies that swarm and eat your char in seconds, plus some totems shooting deadly spikes called "punishers".
your goal is to run as fast as you can, get to the boss, kill the boss, and get the fuck out before you're zombie-chow.

and yet, even though "Kingdom Of Shadow" was a definite "RIP zone" for those stupid enough to try it, it still feels fair compared to Haku's missions, for a couple reasons:

Spoiler
1) you are allowed - heck, encouraged - to use teleportation/movement skills. no one expects you to just run through swarms of immortal zombies.
well Haku does. right through his invincible totems of OP elemental doom, spawning monsters you have no time to stop and kill without risking death, and occasional falling rocks you pray won't hit you.
did I mention this is *after* you actually killed the boss? you're basically running through no-man's-land twice.

2) there's no time limit. you obviously should run like hell in KoS, but no one is going to say "you failed!" if it takes you a bit longer to complete the level.

3) the KoS boss is badass, but not too tricky given what you went through to get to him. Haku's totem bosses don't give you that privilege. most of them are just insane.

I'll stop here, to keep this wall-of-text moderately short.

I'd like to know what you guys think about Haku's missions.
I think they are unfair and should be nerfed the fuck down. especially if we compare them to other masters' missions. heck, even to Zana's timed pillar missions.

two nerf suggestions right off the bat, are allowing the player to actually kill those totems, and removing the time limit.
Spoiler

I recall how frustrating the Kingdom of Shadow run was, and how satisfying it was to finally get through it.

Median XL had some unkillable mobs as well - at least until you took out other features.

The timed Haku runs can be almost unbeatable. I've found that on some timed missions (the soul is at the beginning but timer doesn't start until you pick it up), you can pre-kill many of the mobs. The unkillable totems are still there, but with some quartz flasks, and some luck, sometimes you can still achieve these missions.

Some of them seem to be unwinnable.

As many people were concerned that the masters' missions would just become free easy to achieve content without any challenge - I think that it's OK for **some** of the missions to be unbelievably difficult.

If it were *most* of the missions, than I would be concerned.

In any case, I hope you have better luck with Haku and the others.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"Talamoana, Motherf***er" time to die. When I get a haku in a map, I generally clear out the map and then let 820 in, usually at least one of them manages to complete it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info