a serious discussion of Haku missions

5 quartz flasks of adrenaline and hope for the best
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
I never bother with the timed haku missions, I also skip any mission with spell totems. The risk of getting damage spiked down or desynched while running past mobs is super high. Basically, the only ones I do are the "get the spirit back to the entrance" missions.

Maybe they are balanced around party play. I wouldn't know.
Last edited by Davidson on Sep 20, 2014, 8:34:36 AM
"
tsalal wrote:
Do you have maxed resists (75%) and a decent movement speed? If not you should try to fix that.

I have no problems running past Haku's totems and the monsters on the way. I play a 2H groundslammer so I do not carry a shield but did spec Unwavering Stance (can't be stunned). I have 5.1k life, 25% movement boots, and decent life regeneration.

I can confirm the same with my 2h groundslammer; truth be told, in the start of Forsaken Masters i have used boots without any significant movement speed and low-res gear and i was struggling with these missions as well, but after getting boots with at least 25% movement speed and overcapping my resists for at least 30 points i can now do even his timed missions without any major problems besides the occasional desync which can also be avoided if you use an AoE skill to clear the entrances to rooms.
Last edited by Tom7i on Sep 20, 2014, 12:06:59 PM
I had huge problems with the Haku missions after hitting maps, to the point where I would skip them, until I found the secret. Now I see Haku and tp to stash to grab a quartz flask. The only other missions that ever gave me trouble were keep all the guards alive, as SRS it's tough to pull that one off when your spirits find the guards before you see the red dot in time to weap swap them into thin air sp you can kite the exile away.
Last edited by iamsamsara on Sep 20, 2014, 9:34:19 AM
Only one fix is needed. Haku quests should allow movement skills, it's silly that it already doesn't. Many builds depend on leapslam, warp, whirling for movement and use no movement speed.
I really like Haku's missions. They are often very intense experiences and you go in to every single one knowing you could die or at least fail. He is the armor master of wreaclast. You can only impress him by tanking some crazy shit. As a reward you get to make yourself more tanky. He's the best designed and implemented master imo.

I wish they were all as challenging and thematically tight. I guess Zana is close. The rest are either too easy and/or success at their quests has too little to do with their crafting.

When I kill a man he stays dead.
Haven't really had trouble with haku missions since the patch a few weeks ago. I'm also playing CI for rampage, so no "oh shit" health potions for me, which I feel would make it much easier.

I do struggle a little with the elreon missions where you have to defend multiple relics though. So you win some, you lose some I guess.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
kasub wrote:
Only one fix is needed. Haku quests should allow movement skills, it's silly that it already doesn't. Many builds depend on leapslam, warp, whirling for movement and use no movement speed.

exactly.
and make those damn totems killable.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Weird, I have a glass cannon arc-witch with 3k hp and I can do most haku missions just fine in low 70 maps. I have 3 HP pots a granite and a quicksilver with movespeed with me and that is usually enough.

I agree sometimes it can be really bad, but NEVER finished a mission? They aren't that hard.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
well my Arc Witch's resistances aren't capped, so I stay away from anything speaking Karui when I play her, Alros.

and again, I'm sure I can just return to Normal with one of my Merciless-grade characters, and face-roll a couple of his missions just to get him into the Hideout - but I want to do it the same way I did with other masters: do missions on the spot, in maps and areas that match or exceed my char level.
and in those places, his missions are just frustratingly impossible for me. not to mention my crappy luck getting a time limit every single time.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info