Dagger Reave - Easy and Cheap

This build is fairly cheap to build, my gear is about 1.5-2ex for everything, and I'm at 22k+dps at level 80. Face tank Merc Dom, and haven't run into a map that I can't run semi afk.

This build uses 2 aura's, and Reave. Initially you'll be working with just Grace or Hatred, and add the second as your reduced mana increases enough in levels.

Starter Levels:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAFr8mlVHZVUth4ow2otmmf7CSsNixs7VIy73mge1B_5M=

We are going to be focusing on daggers eventually, but for the start, you can work with any 1h and a shield, or go dual wield

Mid Levels:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABbUM8ha_HoEj9iaVKgswfEuNTZJRR1HZVUtd8mHiYqxsjG1scFJw1X8ridOMNo19jb-dqqLZpcumf7CSsNixs7TFtUjC7Mu91ormge1B8-r_HP-T

You really want to focus more on life and defenses more than offense at first.
I go up to Coldhearted Calculation first, and then Frenetic up to the life nodes. Then drop down south to get the life nodes and Ondar's Guile

Later Levels:

End Game:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLEFtQceDPIOSBEvEZYWvxutHoEj9iSdJP0mlSoLLOEwcTB8MgE6Qj3iPs9HBkjuSVFLeEuNTGBNklFHUdlVS1b1XfJh4mHrYlpirGNDaoxsjG1scFJwVnDVd_14rnpTfXV9438ridOMNo19jb-OipAblS6VZpfQmZqaE5smnaqi2aOKpHily6Z_pzSsZrCSsNixs7IZtMW1SLfTuT695sHVwuzIFMu9z3rTftQj1orXy9h2227b1Nvn3aje-OaB51To1utj7UHw1fPq9W_2_P66_xz_k__e

This is me currently at about level 82. It's set up real nice to go CI if you want, in which case just pick up Ghost Reaver and replace some of the evasion nodes and Regret Orb the life nodes. I'm not sure why I picked up Nullification near the start, but I have it and whatever.

My Gear:
Spoiler

Skill Gems:
Spoiler

Chest 5L: Reave, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Increased Critical Damage, Power Charge on Crit
3L: Reduced Mana, Grace, Hatred
2L: Blood Rage, Increased Duration

This is the core, you can add extra things to it if you want, like a CODT and etc
I also have Flicker Strike that I'll swap out with Reave when I feel like experiencing a lot of desync

Gear is simple. Pick up a good dagger (you can swap out the dagger nodes for claw nodes if you want, but I prefer the crit) and Life + Evasion + Resist gear. Like I said above, I was able to get kit out fairly easily for pretty cheap.
Last edited by vbsarge on Sep 21, 2014, 12:01:17 AM
Seems ok,but would you be that kind to post your gear ,just for reference
IGN;MemoFranz,OneGoodReason,BladeFranz
Honestly if you are going pure evasion you would also be better off picking up Acro and Phase Acro. Another addition would be to try and add a Herald for more DPS. HoI would probably work best since you are crit based.

If you did not want to pick up any reduced reservation nodes then you would probably need an Alpha's Howl, but that would also sync well with Grace and Hatred due to +2 level of the auras.

I understand Alpha's adds cost, but in the end you will be doing more DPS and also be more tanky.
I did have an alpha's howl for a while, got lucky and picked it up in a map. I'm trying to sell it to get some currency, but it was nice when I used it. You can run 2 aura's with no issues once your reduced mana gets high enough. I contemplated picking up some reduced reservation nodes to try and run 3 aura's, but ultimately decided it wouldn't have been worth it.

You're right, I completely missed Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. I've noticed a few nodes that I have that are unnecessary (not reflected in the build above) that I could probably swap out for the Acrobatics nodes. I'll update the end game tree, which puts it at about level 86. Thanks for pointing this out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info