Do GGG mods spy our conversations in game?

Not worried about getting banned. Just was wondering whats going on in his head.
@Luka666

A lottery isn't a scam in the regular sense, meaning you don't cheat anyone out of their money or anything - you offer a reward clearly and (presumably) follow through with that offer when someone wins the reward.

It's more of an ethical scam as a lottery is always a bad investment. It's like betting whether the dice will show an odd or even number but the return of the bet is less than 2, so you're guaranteed to lose money in the longterm. You're essentially taking advantage of people's lack of knowledge and/or bad habits (gambling) by running a lottery.

Guaranteeing yourself good luck with such a method became a bit worse ethics wise when guaranteed 6L recipe was introduced with Masters - in the past there was no recourse other than lottery if you wanted to take away the nightmare (greed made the size of the 6L bounty veer towards 'always have good luck' cost for most lottery runners, of course) but now there IS a way to do away with said nightmare, so there's only the greed option left when people run lotteries.

If you want to sugarcoat it you can pass it off as you offering entertainment to others - and getting a little something in return. Depending on your lottery's bounty size this might even be totally OK - the size of the bounty must come close to the 6L recipe cost for that to happen though (maybe saving yourself 100 out of the 1500 fusings is acceptable, even if it's still a larger margin than most betting sites offer on their bets).
Thanks for you view on it. Yes, a lottery is a cheaper option for me and yes, it has to involve people gambling, but what else do you do in this game? While masters are a good improvement for the non-gambling people its still not the be all. Want T1 rolls on anything? Good, gamble a few alts. Want to do a map? Sure, throw some currency at it. The game is still gambling in its core. If there are people willing to gable, why not let them. Just so you know, its not about greed, its about getting a 6L before i manage to grind up to 1500 fuses i need to master craft it ;)
"
Luka666 wrote:
Not worried about getting banned. Just was wondering whats going on in his head.

It doesn't look like much. I would not worry about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info