SCREW ZANA'S TIMED MISSIONS

the extended timer on kill in fine; fits the rampage theme at least.

but the timer extend on lodestone is damn annoying. it wouldnt be nearly so bad if the stones were more evenly distributed.

Last one i had i failed then found 4 or 5 lodestones clumped together.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Zana's time-limited quests are a source of frustration and irritation for me, too. Just logged out, annoyed, after I got yet another of those quests (with a way to extend the time even) that I could only have done if I had used an illegal hack.

I'm not sure why GGG are so hell-bent on needlessly pissing off and bullying their customers. Then again, we keep playing and keep buying stuff, so we seem to like it just fine.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 19, 2014, 6:55:07 PM
The time needs to be adjusted to the map for the ones with 40 second start time (the time starts even while you check to see if it's a reflect map). One of those that took place in the Crematorium was impossible, too few mobs giving almost no added time, small rooms with lots of unnecessary obstructions - desync. That same quest in the Strand worked fine; it was a find the map quest; can't remember what the Crematorium goal was but only made it down one level before time expired. I hate time limits in general but if you're going to keep them do some more testing.
Courtyard + the 40s thing + area has patches of tar = -_-
Still not as bad as time limit + kill 6 rogue exiles + 60% increased move/attack/cast speed and one of the exiles was the new storm call guy who keeps bouncing around with Lightning Warp. Oh and the map was also full of devourers.
the first and only time I saw her it was on a timed mission with fractured monsters, and you can't add time. had less than 5 min. which is impossible to do.
Just failed my daily. Kill the corrupted boss on promenade, you have 40 secs but dont worry, lodestones will help you. Well, there were no loadstones and I didn't reach the boss even with 194% movement speed. What is next, quick time event boss fights?
Promenade and Museum timed missions give you too little time because one is a huge map and the other is a confusing maze. Didn't have much trouble with the other maps, but there's still time to get pissed off by something I guess.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Prepare to get brutalised by map and mods.

I've had a standing stones increase time, click the lodestone one which would have been extremely difficulty even without enemies just because of the distribution of standing stones in a large Waste Pool map. Sticking high density of enemies in, whacky mods and devourers that you want to avoid but can't leave alive and it's just a map for xp. Thankfully it's not like Sliders tv show which I can imagine if you don't do quest in time you are stuck there for 30 years, and screw having only to level from a Waste Pool map with devourers.
"
WetTheSystem wrote:
Why don't they just skip that and just give you Zana experience and a free map oncer per day?

Basicly this for me as well. I'm also a bit annoyed when i get a timed daily mission, but here's what i do in that case: i go in and give it a honest try, but since doing such missions solo is pretty hard (hint - grouping helps with these, especially if you split up), i usually fail. After that i say to myself "Oh well, at least i tried, now i can take my sweet time clearing this free map" and proceed to do the rest of the map in peace.
Last edited by Tom7i on Sep 20, 2014, 9:01:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info