Mistakenly deleted account (Help, please.)

"
Dradar wrote:
The issue isn't his mouse happened to be in that spot each time. He accidentally clicked delete(it happens they are close to each other) and then while distracted he clicked yes thinking he was saying yes to close Path of Exile cause he was going to go help his roommate.

Either way... it was negligence that resulted in the deletion of the character. Lack of paying proper attention to what was being clicked on... not reading dialogs before clicking on them.

It happens to everyone because we've been TRAINED to do that by all the stupid popups we get inundated with on a daily basis. I'm not necessarily blaming the OP for clicking the dialog without reading it, but I'm saying at the same time that they are the only one TO blame for clicking it without reading it. IE: it's not GGG's fault/problem.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned and pay more attention to things you click on and agree to. Even a quick glance that has a little more scrutiny would have prevented this.

Good luck.
I'm 100% blaming hm for losing my lightning coil xD
Last edited by Dradar on Sep 19, 2014, 12:44:37 AM
I would agree with everything you have said, however, I would have to disagree with it not being GGG's problem. It is their game, and they're responsible for what happens within their game, and making it better. Yes, it is me being negligent, that is not the point here. I admit to my honest mistake, and wish it was not the case. But it is GGG's "problem"(if you may) to fix an ongoing issue. A quick fix system would be great. Or as Dradar suggested, to hold your most recent deleted account. I do not think that I am the only one who has done this before, and would appreciate GGG implementing a quick fix to avoid future issues with other players. Once again, I am completely aware that this was my fault, of course it is. But it is GGG's responsibility to fix it. That is, if they choose to do so.

Please stop telling me things I am already aware of, I'm just asking GGG to fix the issue AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, to avoid future occurences.

Thank you

jeff

EDIT: As I have said previously, it will not happen to ME again. I'm trying to help OTHER player's that have yet to make the mistake.(No matter how small the population is that happens to be as dumb or negligent as I was). It's in the past and I'm no longer too worried about it. Meaning, out of MY own frustration. I wish to help OTHER player's before they're a victim to stupidity, just like I was.
Last edited by Saleos on Sep 19, 2014, 3:40:58 PM
They should make undeleting a character a micro transaction.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
The game should ask for confirmation of deletion of char by requiring you to type the char to be deleted complete name, class and level.

Simple as that.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
"
ropumar wrote:
Simple as that.

I love when non-developers say that.

All you have to do is go in and cut out the appendix, then stitch it closed. Simple as that.
Lol. Simple as that.

How about all they have to do is have a second popup to confirm that you really and truely want to delete that character? Simple as that. Oh wait, they already did that.

Maybe they should give you a phone call to confirm you actually want to delete that character. That's even simpler.

Adding hoops to go through to delete characters (several thousands of race characters get deleted every race season) just to keep a couple people from absent mindedly clicking a button twice is not "simple as that".
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info