Desync has never killed me... until this expansion

Hey all,

Is anybody else noticing desync to be especially noticeable since forsaken masters launched?

I've never once died to desyncing before, but so far I've had a level 47 die to me clicking on a doorway and not going through, a lower level dying to opening a lock box and running away but apparently still being in the middle of a giant mob, and most recently my level 60 that I was having a blast on took a Vaal smash to the face despite barely even being able to see Vaal on my screen.

I've never had this type of problem before and it sucks pretty bad. I really feel for anyone who's experienced this from the beginning.
I have experienced the same thing after this patch as well on multiple occasions when I was testing in sc.

Haku missions: this one takes the cake, especially when Haku missions are all in maps with tight corridors and with the constant mob spawns.

Solution: I either avoid doing it altogether or I just skip and run ahead of mobs and doing oos constantly.

Strongbox: I used to activate and run until I desynced and died.

Solution: well timed unsupported lightning warp solved the problem for me

Maps with tight corridors, doorways, and corners. I am starting to noticed when using shift + click on those maps usually causes desync, as if the "shift" didn't registered and my char walks to the spot I clicked.

Solution: either I don't roll those maps or I have to be really really careful. And it frustrates me when Zana'S quests revolve around those maps
Desync is the same with me, but I'm experiencing some crazy 20-30 FPS drops, especially in maps with any kind of ground effect :/
"Live by the sword, live a good, LONG time"
desync has always been bad for me, i dont see how people can play hardcore with it
Ye i desync ALOT.
Most funny desync was a few days ago when i was farming dominus. He did the big hammer smash and i just walked away without using any skill or flask and i was out of his smash range and i desynced right back under his hammer and died. Im glad i dont play on hardcore.
And no i dont have a bad connection/computer.
You are doing something wrong, i never experienced desync in 2k hours of maps

Not even in my flicker shadow
Last edited by sanleon on Sep 18, 2014, 4:34:44 PM
the only desync that ever affects me is during Haku quests, there's some minimal desync some other times but nothing dangerous
Yeah the force of desync is strong in Haku missions.
But other than that I only desync when I namelock monsters that aren't really there so the character is actually moving on the server while attacking on the client.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Desync hasn't changed, what make it seem like it's happening more is some of the new masters quests.
The lock boxes has been the QQ topic of choice since they were added because when you open them you are surrounded instantly, you can try to run back out but that WILL desync you or you can use some other methods(flask, whirling blades, lightning warp etc)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
sanleon wrote:
You are doing something wrong, i never experienced desync in 2k hours of maps

Not even in my flicker shadow

Your post just full of lies. Flicker without any desync? A video of your gameplay please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info