Palace Dominus damage output is overboard

So when are you going to tone down his damage?
You removed elemental adaption, and on top of that you made high lvl maps harder, which i assume also means an increase of damage from dominus.

I literally lost 8000 health over the span of 1 second of rubberbanding back into his enfeebled lightning ghosts.
I dont even wanna know how ridiculous he is if he has hard map mods on him.
Stop going way overboard GGG, its getting old.

I assume you want us to dodge his attacks, but the desynch stun mechanic makes this impossible.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 18, 2014, 1:59:34 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think it was balanced with snapshotting in mind and now that snapshotting has been fixed they probably need to revisit all the spike dmg all over the place.

Right now your best defense is to not get hit........................
ever.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Right now your best defense is to not get hit........................
ever.

95% lightning res will do too. With topaz flask.
Yeah, desyncing even the slightest bit when fighting Palace Dom can cause instant death, and that's without the map rolling any damage mods.

There's a reason all the top players just chain Courtyards and don't even bother doing Palace maps.
I still can't figure out if his "doom move" is the Touch Of God, or that Lightning Spirits Stream.

if we count X as the number of times Touch Of God killed any of my characters, in any league/difficulty - then the number of times Spirit Stream did, is roughly 50X.

so... secondary move doing more damage than "the 1HKO move"? 2nd form "now Dominus angry! Dominus Smash!", actually being less dangerous than the first, if not counting the rain and endless minions?
I still think GGG don't really have an idea what they want to do with Dominus. he's just an incomplete boss, in my opinion.
he isn't just unbalanced. he's unbalanced compared to himself.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
you pretty much need to run away from that, or have huge regen + life on hit and use a rez flask to tank it, the smash is pretty much 1 shot without IC or flask
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Seeing as he's been done with 0% lightning res on double boss, I'll say he's fine.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Seeing as he's been done with 0% lightning res on double boss, I'll say he's fine.

this, though i doubt anyone except some suicidal idiots have to the balls to do that in HC.
but you also know you would prefer to do it on a ggg test server, where theres no desync whatsoever to ruin your efforts
cant say Ive ever noticed him do much damage at all outside of -max maps, I don't think I've ever died to Palace Dominus on any character that I can remember, not sure what the fuss is about, seems perfectly balanced to me unless something has drastically changed since I last played that map.
Using the wall to hide from light scarabs is pretty much necessary. Also using a topaz flask for when you desync helps. But if you desync you can die despite flask.

Because of the possibility of desync I'd say the boss is pretty much undoable for most builds who rely on dodging the scarabs.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info