The more damage I take, the more I heal, the more damage I do
I help monster to do damage on myself.
I do 440damage to myself every 0.25001seconds, so my cwdt gems trigger
I explode into 24-linked cwdt-disco 4 times per second

Shackles gloves
To create selfcurse Punishment
atm: manual cast and linked to cwdt
so I no need to wait for monster to trigger punishment
and I no need to recast curse always (to lazy)
Spoiler
to get 440selfdamage per hit, I may need to level up my curses-cwdt
or I need to cast myself with Vulnerability
atm, its fine to have 1cast per sec vs 1 target, and 4cast per second vs multiple targets

endgame:
I will have the 440 selfdamage every EK cast vs 1 target, every 0.25001seconds, and allowed to link immortal call-cwdt, that triggers ones per 0.25001seconds, and have a 0.25sec duration!

16Loh per spell hit

Etherial Knives(physical damage)-spell echo-cast speed
to create 0.25001sec selfdamage intervals

Spoiler
16loh*4cwdt procs per sec*2.5avg loh proc coefficient (incl gmp-6link)*12 gems atm = 1920loh per sec per target

24-link
all gems interact in every cast I do
so I have EK
linked via curses and cdt gems, to proc 11 other action gems, and 2curses

Mind over matter, and damage taken gained as mana for infinite mana,
gives increased loh effects, and increase max life effects, without reducing 440cwdt-effects

so I gain more mana then I loose,
I also have 3%damage taken gained as mana passive

Herald of ice gives +/- +100%more damage to cwdt-gems-lvl31-required
Spoiler

+/-80Herald of ice damage * 1.6increased damage * 2 base gem damage * 4cast per sec * 11action gems * 2 .5avg proc coeffiecent = +/-28.2k aoe dps added ontop of EK

for passive tree, click my char, TankDisco
will post a new video (for new patch) when lvl65+!
Last edited by Tommyvv on Sep 20, 2014, 12:50:55 PM
Interesting, however i doubt the strength of it due to using low level gems.

Also support gems aren't penalized by CWDT limitations, you can put a 20/20 GMP gem in that tabula.

I would also get rid of the Freeze Pulse and maybe insert Added Chaos or Life Leech or something.

You should also level up your molten shell a bit more.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 18, 2014, 10:54:30 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
Interesting, however i doubt the strength of it due to using low level gems.

Also support gems aren't penalized by CWDT limitations, you can put a 20/20 GMP gem in that tabula.

I would also get rid of the Freeze Pulse and maybe insert Added Chaos or Life Leech or something.

You should also level up your molten shell a bit more.

thx!

yes, I have a lvled up gmp waiting, just keeping this one at lvl1 for later use.
added chaos is a good option yes!
I could even use a other projectile gem into a 4-link for that, to maintain decent loh
Tabula 4gems * 16loh*5gmp = 320 life gained
if make that 3 gems, it only becomes 240life gained
and it like this to be as big as possible, so I maintain sustain vs heavy hitting targets.

atm I use lvl1 molten, so it explodes from the cascade-cwdt gem!
if I lvl it up, it not explodes before recasted, and therefore not trigger loh
atm, it only takes my immortal call late game slot

so yes, for late game, to increase dps, at minimum cost of loh
cwdt-gmp-added chaos-fireball-artic-icespear // Tabula
cwdt-gmp-freeze pulse-maybe spark, to maintain loh income from gmp-projectile spells
I may use that, thx
for damage, you can also lvlup 1 cwdt group, and link 2x same gem in it, so it still triggers at EK-cast

Last edited by Tommyvv on Sep 18, 2014, 2:47:47 PM
It sounds interesting, but I remember solwitch posting an almost identical thread so I'm not sure if this is serious.

Would like to see a video.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Sep 18, 2014, 11:59:06 AM
I remember Tommy trying this a while ago and I decided to make a similar build. Ran into the issues of what happens when you take more then 440 damage at high levels each hit.

In the end the build was a 78% chance to block with the anvil for life and mana on block. With cloak of defiance and EB and AA. Worked pretty well and was tanky.

Let me know how it goes in the higher lvl areas.
IGN: LiveD_LivE
If you really want to keep multiple proj spells id swap out every case of freeze pulse for EK or Spark.

Don't think FP would perform well due to it getting weaker as it travels.
Iron Will might be a thing if you can push up the STR to high values.

With 600 STR and Iron Will you could double your DPS (from 30% damage effectiveness to 66%), and this is excluding other spell damage sources.
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 18, 2014, 2:57:40 PM
This thread again? You basically copy/pasted the old thread (including the screenshot) from months ago but added herald of ice.

It doesn't work, I've made a spreadsheet calculating the exact amount of damage taken/output and the chain reaction will either not be sustained or will kill you.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
demivion wrote:
This thread again? You basically copy/pasted the old thread (including the screenshot) from months ago but added herald of ice.

It doesn't work, I've made a spreadsheet calculating the exact amount of damage taken/output and the chain reaction will either not be sustained or will kill you.

At least he is trying to make an original build work, and not rolling another COC char or going for FOTM Puncture build.
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 18, 2014, 2:59:03 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
demivion wrote:

At least he is trying to make an original build work, and not rolling another COC char or going for FOTM Puncture build.

True, but I don't want people to be disillusioned that it could work in merciless and beyond. It's just not mathmatically possible
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
requiner wrote:
I remember Tommy trying this a while ago and I decided to make a similar build. Ran into the issues of what happens when you take more then 440 damage at high levels each hit.

In the end the build was a 78% chance to block with the anvil for life and mana on block. With cloak of defiance and EB and AA. Worked pretty well and was tanky.

Let me know how it goes in the higher lvl areas.

e/ srry you messed up!
artic armor = less reflect = less cwdt procs

yes,
late-game, monster damage can go upto 2k per strike, from normal monsters
and my pre-patch build, that had -60resist, only had 30%MoM, no armor, no evasion
had some trobles vs multiple heavy hitting monsters

for that I now have:
1) ek spell echo, to make sure that I explode my gems multiple times between 2 enemy boss hits, to heal up, when fight vs 1 target
2) get myself 110@resist passives
3) more base life from lvl-up, may justify my damage taken gained as mana gear a lot more then pre-patch
4) double damage thx to Harold of ice
5) before patch I always went for the infinite curse hex master, free up a lot of passive tree freedome, I can even take 40%attack dodge (without taking the 30%spell dodge)
pre-patch I was experimenting a lot with attacks, and you can dodge reflected damage, witch is bad for my build
6)evasion
since no attack, but a spell, I may stack a evasion armor instead of a Tabula
7)immortal call cwdt, when have 440selfdamage per hit solo target
Last edited by Tommyvv on Sep 19, 2014, 6:36:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info