New annoying trade practice (semi-scam)

"
I say stop using fallacies, and you go vomiting the most obvious.

'You only have low level chars, you can't talk about the game'

Nice work!

Spoiler
You do realise I'm adding a monster next week, right? [~RBS]

I'm sorry if you view my common sense as 'trolling'. I really am. I don't blame you. It's not your fault that it's become acceptable to blame others for personal oversights such as, yknow, not paying attention to the sorts of things *any* shopkeeper in real life would consider compulsory and standard.

If you think a person needs to have a trade shop in a computer game to understand this, I truly grieve for whatever you have that passes for reality.

I'm having fun here. Hope you are too. :)

That isn't a fallacy. Pointing out a creationist has no place talking about evolution because they don't have a biology degree or any legitimate education on the subject is not a fallacy. Although you mentioning that you are making a monster as if it gives your opinions more weight is. That is the problem with you, you have a very bloated ego coupled with very little knowledge.

If you read the OP I did catch both people trying to do this, I am warning other people. I am sorry that you actually think that you are using common sense. I along with a few other people have already made the analogy of someone using a price sticker gun in a shop and then asking the shop-owner for the items that he repriced.

Of course it is the shop owners responsibility to catch the person doing that. But it is still a scam.
[removed by support]
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Sep 19, 2014, 3:17:48 AM
"

If you read the OP I did catch both people trying to do this, I am warning other people. I am sorry that you actually think that you are using common sense. I along with a few other people have already made the analogy of someone using a price sticker gun in a shop and then asking the shop-owner for the items that he repriced.

Of course it is the shop owners responsibility to catch the person doing that. But it is still a scam.

Why are you still trying to compare to some video game lemonade shop to a small business or corporation. They have their own set of rules they have to follow up to maintain their business legally.

Besides, you trade at your own risk. There is no penalty for getting RIPPED OFF in the game or protocols of keeping all the shop up to standard. Scamming yes, if the players finds a way to get around the system of getting your item + keeping his/her currencies. That will have a case since they are by passing something GGG implemented in the game.

Not only that, items do not stay at the same price forever, their value changes over time because the value of the currencies changes as well. 5 USD in 1990 is not the same 5 USD today.

I close my shop once I feel there is no point of selling (no one interested in buying my items) to prevent my items from being devalued.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 19, 2014, 1:39:32 AM
Dude i sell loads of my shit to flippers, dudes that buy cheap and then sell high.

But thats the fastest way to get rid of the items you have so you can get enough currency to play, if those people choose to stay in town and spam my item for 2 weeks so they can get an exalt profit, its their business.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
I support Charan !! :3.
this is why i make 1c 2c 3c 5c...1exa tabs and drop items in appropriate tabs.

know what i priced by tab they are in dont have to remeber or look at thread

im often asking buyer how much was it so i can find item

if he says 1c on a 3c item i select 1c tab not there and tell him its sold

i use custom procument script which auto makes my fs thread with prices based on tab items are in

*painless tradeing <3
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 19, 2014, 2:20:14 AM
"
herp derp that is not what happened...
Try this instead;

You: Open poe.xyz, search for item X with a b/o of 10c
You: In game, whisper the seller "Hey I would like to buy out your item X for the listed b/o of 5c.
Seller: That item doesn't have a b/o of 5c...

Can I make it any more simple for you people?

Ok.
And instead of simply saying "no" (possibly ignore the guy) and moving on, you went to forum, made this (almost pointless) thread and still insulting and making fun of people for (already) 11 pages.
Keep going. You're definitely a "better person" than those "awful scammers".

2 person tried to lowball you - calls it "new trading practice and a trend". LOL.
Let's all make a thread every single time we didn't like something.
"
Clone05 wrote:
Why are so many people having trouble comprehending what the OP stated and jumping all over his nuts about it?

Simple answer? Read my text above.

And tehnically, you've provided a conclusion of this whole thread yourself
"
Clone05 wrote:

It IS on the seller to be cognizant of his own buyout prices and it is their fault if they get duped, but that doesn't change that LYING about the buyout price is a shitty thing to do.

It could've been an end to the discussion, if it was said in the OP. But he decided to look "smart and moral" instead. And failed.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I didn't try to look smart or cool. Although I am objectively more moral than someone who can't figure out why using deception is bad.

Also I wouldn't talk about people being smart or not given your outlook on this thread.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I wouldldnt call the person above moral after getting so many removed by supports tags
"
"
I think it is a semi-scam when a seller's b/o is twice as much as what I personally think an item is worth.

No, grant. That's just a ripoff. Not a scam, not a semi-scam, not a meta-scam, not even a pseudo-scam.

A rip-off. Don't make me link to the thread wherein I painstakingly describe the difference. :P

I've read your thread on the differences, and fully agree! What the heck is all of this semi-scam nonsense? Anything goes in Wraeclast!
Considering the GGG default stance on loot being fasted fingers wins, this behavior seems less like a scam and instead being exactly in line with the their gameplay philosophy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info